Sign in to follow this  
halam

what type of sata hard drive

hi

does any one know what type of sata hard drive i should buy for a dvr or can i buy any type of sata hard drive does it makr any difference?

thanks

Seagate SV35 Series

Depending on the manufacturer of your DVR, it may void the warranty to put in your own HDD.

Most manufacturers that allow you to put in your own HDD list supported HDDs in their manual. The majority of new-ish DVRs use these sata drives.

hi

does any one know what type of sata hard drive i should buy for a dvr or can i buy any type of sata hard drive does it makr any difference?

thanks

You need to look at the specs of the DVR. For instance, don't buy a TB hard drive if the DVR doesn't support it. The main differences between the hard drives you'll be looking at are capacity, rpm & cache. Like Bean00 said, contact the manufacturer or look through the manual to determine what the DVR supports.

well the dvr is AvTech KPD-674 - 4 Channel CCTV H.264 Recorder the maximum capacity is 2tb what sort of hdd do i have to get does it have to be sv?

generally all HDD's will accept the norm seagate, western digital, samsung and maxtor.. these are the popular makes and you should have no issues.. just stay away from unbranded hardrives such as MDT