cglaeser

Exacq Vision / Axis Q7404 / Samsung SVD-4400 and RS485

I am using Exacq Vision to monitor a Samsung SVD-4400 connected to an Axis Q7404 video encoder. Both the Q7404 and SVD-4400 support RS458. I have configured the camera manually and don't have a compelling need for RS485, but I'm curious, if I needed to control the camera, how would I do that? I know that Exacq Vision does support PTZ, but this is not a PTZ camera. Is it possible to control the camera features using Exacq and RS485? Or, do I need to run some other tool to do that?

Best,

Christopher

I am using Exacq Vision to monitor a Samsung SVD-4400 connected to an Axis Q7404 video encoder. Both the Q7404 and SVD-4400 support RS458. I have configured the camera manually and don't have a compelling need for RS485, but I'm curious, if I needed to control the camera, how would I do that? I know that Exacq Vision does support PTZ, but this is not a PTZ camera. Is it possible to control the camera features using Exacq and RS485? Or, do I need to run some other tool to do that?

Best,

Christopher

You will need to download the drivers from Axis and install them on the 4704

You will need to download the drivers from Axis and install them on the 4704

Drivers? On a standalone video encoder?

Best,

Christopher

Yes its all in the manual

Thanks! I was referring to the Installation Guide and missed that document.

Best,

Christopher

Not surprising, the Samsung driver is for PTZ. Is it possible to make adjustments to non-PTZ CCTV cameras using the Axis Q7404 and RS485?

Best,

Christopher

What adjustments? Via the OSD?

Possibly by using the commands to reach the PTZ's OSD, you may be able to reach the cameras OSD.

Only thing I can think of.

What adjustments? Via the OSD?

Possibly by using the commands to reach the PTZ's OSD, you may be able to reach the cameras OSD.

Only thing I can think of.

Yeah, I think something like that might work. It's really not a big deal since I did all the settings with my iPhone and Exacq Mobile, but thought I would try and play with it since I have the Q7404, wiring, etc, all set up.

Speaking of which, Exacq Mobile is a snap to use while standing on a ladder. I did all the settings, focus, aiming, etc, using my iPhone.

Best,

Christopher

+1 and you should see it on a Ipad

I loaded the Exacq Mobile demo on my brother's iPad, and it does indeed look awesome.

Best,

Christopher