AlwaysSecure

What cameras are businesses using?

Hi guys! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to open up a wholesale camera business and I'm looking for what sorts of inventory to purchase. I'm a little naive when it comes to what cameras are being utilized, so what cameras do you guys think I should stock up on? What will sell and what won't sell? I just don't want to waste my money on items that I know won't sell.

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

What market segment are you planning to sell to? Bottom-end, lowest-common-denominator home systems, top-end ultra-specialized enterprise-and-military-grade systems, or somewhere in between?

We do a lot of retail, mostly mid-to-upper level fuel services and such, as well as a couple upper-scale restaurants... we're using mainly Pelco box cams (CC3701H-2), CNB domes (VCM-24VF is the current model of choice), and Panasonic WV-CP484/CW484 where WDR is needed (more recently started getting in the CW502) for most of our analog cams. For megapixel, it's mainly IQEye (IQ511 boxes and A11 domes) and Arecont (AV3155DN domes).

We've done a bit of more high-end stuff as well: a site with a handful of FLIR thermal cameras and a Pelco Esprit IV PTZ mounted atop a 50' tower. Nice toys, but really spendy!

Hope that helps...

yes, you should know what's your markets, the cctv camera? or network camera? cctv camera dominate the lower price and ip camera dominate the higher price. i think you should firstly investigate about that. and then make a decision about which camera you will sell.

Regards

Lucy Lu

msn: lucyg-reat@hotmail.com

Hi guys! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying to open up a wholesale camera business and I'm looking for what sorts of inventory to purchase. I'm a little naive when it comes to what cameras are being utilized, so what cameras do you guys think I should stock up on? What will sell and what won't sell? I just don't want to waste my money on items that I know won't sell.

No disrespect meant, but one should be familiar with the products they are selling and to what targeted segment. This experience comes from hands on work in the field and knowing the basics of the business. The problem right now is there are too many "unauthorised resellers" and drop-shippers ripping off customers. This gives all of us a bad name. I'm glad you're asking questions, but keep in mind that you will put yourself and your potential customers in a miserable situation if the proverbial crap starts hitting the fan. I've seen too many people get burned.

No disrespect meant, but one should be familiar with the products they are selling and to what targeted segment. This experience comes from hands on work in the field and knowing the basics of the business. The problem right now is there are too many "unauthorised resellers" and drop-shippers ripping off customers. This gives all of us a bad name. I'm glad you're asking questions, but keep in mind that you will put yourself and your potential customers in a miserable situation if the proverbial crap starts hitting the fan. I've seen too many people get burned.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I wish I could just by direct fromt he manufacture.