btrotter

Which online retailers are legit?

If this question is not allowed, please delete it.

I looked through the partner list for this forum and visited each of their sites, and none sell the CNB cameras i am looking to buy. So that brings up the question of, which online retailers are legitimate professional businesses? If I do a search on Google for the CNB camera i am looking for, there are a lot of places selling it. Then if i do a search on the retailer, I keep finding a lot of negative press about many of them. Then i go to CNB's website and see a warning to stay away from a specific online retailer.

So that brings up the question, who can you trust online?

To Other Members:

Please keep replies with store names/links limited to a PM, thanks.

To the OP:

There are many, the first couple that come up on a google search are normally fine, in the case of CNB. Also, in most cases if the camera is not listed but the brand is, they can still get it for you, if its not already listed in the wrong section of the site as some are.

Soundy, I had did that already. Looked on their site and didnt find any dealers listed. Kind of irritating. They list the dealer to stay away from, just not the ones to patronize.

I will email them to see what they say.

On this site, there are Google ads scrolling on the left side of the screen, but I assume those are just Google ads and not vendors recommended by this forum?

I will email them to see what they say.

Yupp, that's the best thing to do.

Whenever I'm interested in a product and am unsure of where to purchase I always contact the manufacturer. I can't remember a time where I haven't received an email or phone call with the info I'm looking for. I'm usually referred to authorized resellers/distributors that offer competitive pricing, great service and great support.

So, when anyone asks "where can I buy xyz product" I always suggest to contact the manufacturer.

The thing with CNB is that almost everyone sells it now. Sucks if you want a closed product that your clients cant easily get their hands on outside of you as the source, or check pricing on, but other than that its great, lots of competition to keep the price down.

The thing with CNB is that almost everyone sells it now. Sucks if you want a closed product that your clients cant easily get their hands on outside of you as the source, or check pricing on, but other than that its great, lots of competition to keep the price down.

And that is why I want to become a Avigilon dealer NO ONLINE PRICING you can only buy direct though a dealer " title="Applause" />

And that is why I want to become a Avigilon dealer NO ONLINE PRICING you can only buy direct though a dealer " title="Applause" />

by that time they might have them on spytown for under $200

by that time they might have them on spytown for under $200

I am meeting my rep with in the next 2 weeks. I already have the partner log-in

I am meeting my rep with in the next 2 weeks. I already have the partner log-in

ok cool ... be interesting to see them in action

so we could buy them from you for under $200 then

AGREED!

We do the same thing. We supply PROFESSIONALS with PROFESSIONAL level gear, there is no online pricing anywhere. Period.

I wish more manufactures watched their online pricing structure closer.

AGREED!

We do the same thing. We supply PROFESSIONALS with PROFESSIONAL level gear, there is no online pricing anywhere. Period.

Ive used professional gear for years (GE, Extreme CCTV, etc), and CNB comes as close to or surpasses much of it (except for the IR part). One thing I have found over the years is just because something has a professional name on it doesnt mean its any good. Cameras at least.

AGREED!

Thank yoou " title="Applause" />

AGREED!

Not throwing any stones at Erron (didn't find his product online, as he said), but often the manufacturers that make the most claims about protecting their dealers (Panasonic I-Pro comes to mind, among others), do not protect their dealers as well as other, lower profile companies....