JacobBushnell

What type of camera connection is this?

Hello, I am upgrading an older Sentinel Security system (model: SC2FD3044-161 ) and it has a combination power/ video plug that looks a lot like an old PS2 connection for mouse and keyboards on an older PC. What is this connection called? Can I get an adapter for it to:

1. connection to a regural BNC connection and,

2. Send power back to the cameras.???

The Sentinel system has 5 cameras connected to it now, we want to replace it with a new DVR and about 10 more cameras but I would like to save a little $ and reuse the existing cameras since they are already installed and working great.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you,

Jacob

Probably a 6-pin DIN. And while there are adaptors out there, you need to find one that matches your cameras pinout. Otherwise, it will try to send video/power out the wrong connectors on the adaptor.

Not gonna guarrantee it will work... there are a lot of possible pinout combinations with 6-pin DIN.

Someone is gonna edit out that store link in a moment so for everyones reference the model is a CLOVER CA004

I would try to find one made by the manufacturer of the cameras. Sentinel was it? Not familar with them.