66ChevellePost

Sony CCD

I have been shopping around for 3 outdoor weatherproof cctv cameras and doing a lot of reading and comparison. I notice that a lot of cameras have a Sony or Sharp ccd. Is a Sony, Sharp or any other manufacturer of ccd any better quality rather it’s sold on Ebay or on an online store like Apexcctv. Are there any cameras manufactured in the USA?

Thanks,

Kenny

That I know of, there are very few if ANY CCTV cameras manufactured in the US. Now some may buy the kits ready made then put them together but other than that, most manufacturing is in Asia due to lower labor costs.

Stay Away from Sharp, and stay away from Ebay, then you should be okay.

But quality differs greatly among cameras, doesnt matter where you buy it from.

Thanks Rory,

When I spoke of Sony, Sharp, Etc I am speaking of the board w/the lense am I correct? Then if there are only so many manufacturers of these and thay are made in Asia what other items should I be looking at as far as quality in a camera.

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny,

For the current conditions, you'd better choose a camera with Sony CCD. It's better choice. Based on your budget, if it's enough, you could choose some cameras manufacured by Sony, Panansonic, Samsung, etc. If your want to save money, you could buy some cameras manfactued by China facotory. Indeed, most of the cameras are manufacured in China, even Sony, Samsung and other famous brands. Obviously, no company would manufacture cameras in USA. It costs too much.

Andy