Huviron

EFFIO Camera comparison

As I promised I took a few pictures from comparison. One with Sony Effio-P 700TVL, one with Pixim DPS 540TVL, and one with Huviron Gen2 600TVL.

You guy guess which one is which.

***Please note***

I'm not saying one is better than the other as they are all our cameras.

All the cameras are tested on Huviron SK-R412/4 DVR (Full D1 @30FPS/CH Resolution), and LG 24" LCD monitor. Even with our updated DVR, it could not show drastic difference between 700TVL and 540TVL. However, with direct conection to our CCTV specific monitor, difference was a bit more noticeable.

All three cameras on our Vandal V261 Body

34391_165485223480390_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

Effio-P 700TVL

71940_165485726813673_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

Pixim DPS 540TVL

67441_165485860146993_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

Huviron GEN 2 DSP 600TVL

37152_165485783480334_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

WDR on

67655_165753793453533_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

WDR off

73461_165485553480357_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

Can you guys tell which one is which?

OK Let me give you the answer now

Ch1 - Effio

Ch2 - Gen2

CH3 - Pixim

Looks like picture doesn't show much detail.

In person, Ch1 picture looked pretty good and showed the best WDR performance. Please note, Only Ch1 shows Visa/Master logo with WDR on.

Ch2 displayed best color values and Ch3 looked kind of washed out pictures but still with good detail.

Overall my score is:

Picture(Resolution) Quality: Effio > Gen2 > Pixim

Colors Values: Gen2 > Effio > Pixim

WDR Performance: Effio > Gen2 > Pixim

Night with IR ON performance: Pixim > Gen2 > Effio

Night with NO IR Performance: Effio > Gen2 > Pixim

Price: Gen2 (Cheapest) > Pixim > Effio (Expensive)

Edited by Guest

If you get access to a Sony EFFIO ExView HAD II CCD camera, please be sure and post your review of low-light performance.

Best,

Christopher

I tired a pixem last night and it was awful, had all kind of artifacts, same with when I tried it when they first came out a few years ago, Id never waste money on one of those chips again. Otherwise cant say as cant see it that clear. Seems #1 has some digital artifacts so maybe that is pixem? #3 looks like the best picture in this case.

If you get access to a Sony EFFIO ExView HAD II CCD camera, please be sure and post your review of low-light performance.

Best,

Christopher

I would rate Pixim the best at low-light followed by Gen2 and then Effio gets a bit too bright with IRs on. But all these three cameras have ICR filters so they were all pretty good.

I tired a pixem last night and it was awful, had all kind of artifacts, same with when I tried it when they first came out a few years ago, Id never waste money on one of those chips again. Otherwise cant say as cant see it that clear. Seems #1 has some digital artifacts so maybe that is pixem? #3 looks like the best picture in this case.

Rory,

I know what you mean, and Yes, the picture did not really reflect what I saw in person. When I connect cameras directly to the CCTV specific monitor, there's no doubt Effio had the best resolution. However, most people still have to use DVR anyways, I had to test them with DVR. Even with our newest DVR with updated FW, the result was quite surprising.

Anyways, here's the result:

#1 is Effio, #2 is Gen2 and #3 is Pixim

Effio shows a bit of artifacts, but this could be because default sharpness value was set to a bit too high. I turned down the sharpness value and it gets better but I took the pictures when all cameras are at default value to be fair. In person, colors on Pixim looked a bit washed out but can't tell from the picture. Gen2 was kind of in between.

Effio had the best WDR performance as it uses Dual Scan CCD. Gen2 and Pixim showed about the same WDR performance. Not too bad for Gen2 as it uses single scan CCD and least expensive of all three.

At night, Effio (800TVL BW) and Gen2 (700TVL BW) showed better pictures than Pixim probably due to their high BW TVLs but with IRs on, Effio gets a bit too bright somehow. (All three cameras have same IRs)

Overall, each cameras have their own pros and cons. While Effio has the best resolution, it's most expensive of all and I don't know how many DVRs can display 700TVL very well.

Hope this helped you guys.

Huviron, do you mind me asking what CCD you used with the Effio sample?

Also, what is your gen-2 chipset paired with?

Assume your chaps will be at CPSE? Will Eric be there?

Squizz.

Pixim is not known for there low light performance.... there are better options

I was quite surprising at the result too since Pixim uses CMOS not CCD. However test was done with IR's on so that could be the reason.

I will test them again with IR's off tonight. I have no doubt Effio will be on the top.

Edited by Guest

Huviron, do you mind me asking what CCD you used with the Effio sample?

Also, what is your gen-2 chipset paired with?

Assume your chaps will be at CPSE? Will Eric be there?

Squizz.

Squizz,

Sony 960H Super HAD CCD II on Effio

Sony 760H Super HAD CCD II on GEN2

Obviously DPS Sensor (CMOS) on Pixim

We will be at the ISC East this year as we have to support our OEM customers. I believe a couple people from our Headquarter(Korea) will go to CPSE. I just double checked and Eric will not be at CPSE this year.

Thanks

Jay

Edited by Guest

I would rate Pixim the best at low-light followed by Gen2 and then Effio gets a bit too bright with IRs on.

I believe Effio comes in two flavors, Super HAD II and ExView HAD II. According to charts I have reviewed, the order of sensitivity is Super HAD, ExView HAD, Super HAD II, ExView HAD II. So, Super HAD II has better sensitivity than the first generation ExView, and ExView HAD II has the best in this group. Looking forward to reviewing the low-light performance of ExView HAD II.

Best,

Christopher

I will test them again with IR's off tonight. I have no doubt Effio will be on the top.

Yes, looking forward to your tests with no IR.

Best,

Christopher

Yes, looking forward to your tests with no IR.

Best,

Christopher

OK here's the test result with NO IRs. Sorry I forgot to turn the monitor off!!

But you can still see the difference very clearly.

Look how clear Sony Effio is at night(CH1) and Pixim(CH3) shows quite a bit of noise on the picture. Again Gen2 (CH2) kind of in between two.

71947_165836033445309_149837865045126_47-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

But you can still see the difference very clearly.

Yes, considerably cleaner image. Thanks for posting.

Best,

Christopher

yeah the pixem i tried was terrible in low light, all kind of noise and strange artifacts.

Great sample images to know more about effio and new DSP!

Can we share the chipset code No. of Effio-P such as Effio-E has CXD4127GG? cause i haven't seen effio-P so far.

Have you tried effio camera with megapixel lens?

960H EXview CCD II (ICX672/673) is very good! when B/W or IE LED on, it shows very clear image.

Can we share the chipset code No. of Effio-P such as Effio-E has CXD4127GG? cause i haven't seen effio-P so far.

960H EXview CCD II (ICX672/673) is very good! when B/W or IE LED on, it shows very clear image.

Hey .. do you have any samples?

I don't think Effio-P has production code yet as it's still ES status.

Only Effio CXD4112AGG (DSP:CXD4112AGG) and Effio-E CXD4127GG (DSP:CXD4816GG) have production code so far.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helped.