ChrisP

Cameras for a Marina

I am doing research on cameras that will work for a Marina.

The outdoor cameras should be able to put up with the harsh weather conditions, high resolution and work well in diverse lighting conditions.

Main purpose of these cameras is to catch uninvited guests during off hours.

Any ideas? Do I need WDR cameras? Pixim cameras?

I think you should use one kind of intelligient camera ,Absolutely WDR camera will be much better,And also the camera should have this fuction including motion detection,privacy mask, light suppression, high-speed shutter,intelligent ,external synchronization,That maybe help for your purpose.

Just my suggestion,Hope it can make sense.

Sharline

The outdoor cameras should be able to put up with the harsh weather conditions, high resolution and work well in diverse lighting conditions.

Define "high resolution"? Are you talking megapixel, or just high-res analog (540+TVL)?

What sort of coverage are you after - ie. FOV vs. distance? If it's something that a 2.8-10.5mm lens would cover, the CNB VxM-24VF line would be well worth a look - 600TVL, ICR, excellent low-light support, IP66 rated. If you need longer lenses than that, check the BBM-24VF, a box-style camera based on the same chip, along with a suitable lens and environmental housing (we generally use the Pelco EH35xx line).

I don't think WDR would be necessary, but you'd certainly want something with auto-iris to adjust for widely varying lighting conditions. You're looking mainly for "off hours" coverage, which probably means you're mainly concerned with night viewing, where WDR situations are unlikely.

Define "high resolution"? Are you talking megapixel, or just high-res analog (540+TVL)?

What sort of coverage are you after - ie. FOV vs. distance? If it's something that a 2.8-10.5mm lens would cover, the CNB VxM-24VF line would be well worth a look - 600TVL, ICR, excellent low-light support, IP66 rated. If you need longer lenses than that, check the BBM-24VF, a box-style camera based on the same chip, along with a suitable lens and environmental housing (we generally use the Pelco EH35xx line).

I don't think WDR would be necessary, but you'd certainly want something with auto-iris to adjust for widely varying lighting conditions. You're looking mainly for "off hours" coverage, which probably means you're mainly concerned with night viewing, where WDR situations are unlikely.

Based off my experience with the CNB VxM-24VF I would not recommend this camera for locations with lots of sun or reflections. Great camera for low light but not for the sun. If your looking at HD I would take a look at Avigilon if you have the budget for it.

By high resolution I mean 540 lines analog.

Dont have the budget for IP.

I like avigilon cameras are they are out of the budget.

the CNB VCP701/IRH. is ideal for a marina. and if used with the hand control unit gives you zoom options.

resize.php?img=newvcpwless.jpg&width=120&height=120

resize.php?img=vcp701irh_new_1.jpg&width=400&height=400