Acti:

ACD-2100 - One license

ACD-2200 - 4 licenses

ACD-2300 - 8 licenses

ACD-2400 - 16 licenses

//Emil

I wonder how many Exacq licences it needs.

According to Exacq, one license per MAC/device, no matter how many channels.

That's incorrect. I just had the same question last week for a job coming up. More than one Exacq employee told me that encoders use 1 license per channel EXCEPT for select Axis 4ch models.

I too was looking at using the Acti 16 ch encoder... but not anymore. Between the encoder and license price, I could put just put in IP cams from the start.

I sure wish Exacq sold capture cards... Looks like an IP only solution at least for me. Encoders are too damn expensive.

I wonder how many Exacq licences it needs.

That's incorrect. I just had the same question last week for a job coming up. More than one Exacq employee told me that encoders use 1 license per channel EXCEPT for select Axis 4ch models.

I too was looking at using the Acti 16 ch encoder... but not anymore. Between the encoder and license price, I could put just put in IP cams from the start.

I sure wish Exacq sold capture cards... Looks like an IP only solution at least for me. Encoders are too damn expensive.

Yea the 16 Channel encoder for Acti is about $3500 plus $2400 for licenses which is more then the Exacq ELS box.

I had a system quoted out using the encoders, with the understanding from several people at Exacq, that only one license per encoder was necessary.... I'm glad I didn't get that job, now!

Sorry about the misinformation, but that was the answer I had gotten from several people at Exacq, gotta have a little talk with them now....

Thats what I was told by an Exacq rep as well.

What it probably is, is whether the encoder defines a unique IP address for each camera. If it does, each channel is a license. If it doesn't, each encoder is a license.

That would mean that the ACD2000Q from acti would be a single license, as well as the Axis models previously mentioned.

My guess anyway...

I had a system quoted out using the encoders, with the understanding from several people at Exacq, that only one license per encoder was necessary.... I'm glad I didn't get that job, now!

Sorry about the misinformation, but that was the answer I had gotten from several people at Exacq, gotta have a little talk with them now....

Yea I am quoting a job to replace (11) 16 channel DVRs with encoders $26,400 or $1650 for licenses that is a BIG difference in price.

OK so here is the list for Exacq that I know to be true from my tests. Feel free to add to the list

One Exacq license

AXIS: 4Port

240Q

241Q

241QA

Four Exacq Licenses

Axis: 4Port

Q4704

I'm asssuming you meant the Q7404?

OK so here is the list for Exacq that I know to be true from my tests. Feel free to add to the list

One Exacq license

AXIS: 4Port

240Q

241Q

241QA

Four Exacq Licenses

Axis: 4Port

Q4704

I'm asssuming you meant the Q7404?

yes thank you