Jamhill

iPhone Remote/Viewing Software (DynDNS)

Hi all,

I hope im not getting sighs from all round on the forum when people read the subject of this post I have actually researched this for a good couple of monthS, tried various softwares off of iPhones App Store. and have looked at various converting softwares of even writing my own maybe and looked for similar posts on the wesbite

I have a HiSharp HS-DF401B 4ch DVR which is running fine at the moment with a PTZ With full working Telementry, I have managed to set up local veiwing with in my network at home, and i am pretty sure i have set up veiwing for outside of my network using DynDNS.com, but can't check it at present as my work computer does not allow port 80 Forwarding,

if some one PM'd me they are more than welcome to check it,

My Question Is there any software can use to veiw this DVR either Directly or through the DNS directed IP on my iPhone ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Usually your DVR manual will have instructs on how to view over the I-phone or any other cell phone for that matter, if not, you may try contacting the seller or the manufacturer, there may be a special port you have to configure on your DVR to make it happen.

And I may have misunderstood you but from what I understand, your DVR is at home and you said you cant port forward port 80 at work? Actually your port forwarding will be done on your home network where your DVR is so you should still be able to view it at work as long as you typed in the right DynDNS address and all of your ports are open on your home network. Perhaps your port is not open on your home network. I am sure that you forwarded port 80 on your router but this doesnt necessarily mean its open. Whenever you get home go to:

www.canyouseeme.org

and type in 80

and click check.

You will also want to do this for all of your other ports that you DVR uses. If you see any blockages, this could be the reason why you cant see it at work.

Before you try to see it on your cell phone you will need to get this issue resolved.

Hello all,

Thanks for replies, and sorry for late reply on my behalf i have been away on business and on annual leave from work, now back for good until next year,

SEANHAWG thank you for help, I managed to get it set up for remote viewing inside my LAN and on WAN Only trouble is, when viewing it on DYNDN.ORG The Website asks you to download the Software to view the DVR, it gives you a "DOWNLOAD" The link opens up a download window but the connection to the server times out, looks like a tyco server which isnt maintained any more, or the way around this is i just have to send the Exe. file to friends to set up software first on there machines

Hello Twilo123 i will reply to your message via PM if ok, and we can post results on here