bingram

Arecont cameras on an Onssi system

I was just wondering if any techs have had issues with arecont cameras working on Onssi. I have 33 arecont cameras on a site and they constantly crash the netguard and ocularis software. The also constantly lose connection to the server. I also have about 8 panasonic outside cameras that work perfectly fine they have never disconnected from the server in the few months they have been installed.

the cameras are arecont 3155

thanks

We bought over 72 of the Arecont 3105DN 3 megapixel cameras and have had almost half fail due to a so called manufacturing problem. The cameras would run way to hot 95+ causing the camera to run colors, some so hot you couldn't touch them. These are running on the Viconet software and we where also told we needed a firmware update. It did not fix the problem and has caused alot of issues for all involved. Has anyone else had this issue with the Arecont cameras?

We bought over 72 of the Arecont 3105DN 3 megapixel cameras and have had almost half fail due to a so called manufacturing problem. The cameras would run way to hot 95+ causing the camera to run colors, some so hot you couldn't touch them. These are running on the Viconet software and we where also told we needed a firmware update. It did not fix the problem and has caused alot of issues for all involved. Has anyone else had this issue with the Arecont cameras?

From what I hear Arecont has addressed this issue and added heat sinks to the chip sets inside the cameras. I have 1 3MP and 3 5MP on my desk and they are not screaming hot. I have a job coming up with mix of 5MP and 10MP cameras so I will find out about the issues if they are fixed or not.

http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=812507&type=member&item=35170476&qid=9ebdb85e-a417-46b5-b6a8-1bd303fce124&goback=.gmp_812507

I have a really large job that has been went on for over 2.5 years now. We have also had a large failure rate of over 60% like the previous posts. Just wanting to throw this out there to keep information on this topic. I think its important. Has anyone else got this same answer or have anything else to add?

I am having similar problems with the Arecont 3155dn and 8185dn losing connection literally hundreds of times. Every camera (of approximately 180 cameras) loses connection at least once in any 48 hour period. This loss causes a flood of email notifications that are for momentary losses. Since we can't make any adjustments in Ocularis CS email notification, we currently have no notifications!

We have been ironing out these problems almost daily since installation in July of 2011. We are still unable to complete the job (and receive final payment) due to these issues...

Any updates on this issue from anyone?

Thanks,

Thomas Yelton

Please post purchase dates and/or MAC address ranges for problem cameras. Might help others to see some consistency/trend for bad batches.

I have many Geovision systems using Arecont AV5100DN, AV5110DN and AV5105DN cameras using Geovision software from 8.3.1 up to 8.5

All of these cameras randomly disconnect the different systems range from multi camera systems to single camera systems.

It only came to our attention that they were disconnecting after we enabled Vital Sign Monitoring to tell us about any camera faults on a new site since then we have revisited all the other sites to find the same problem, one of the sites has a Geovision 5 meg camera which hasn't disconnected at all.

Mr Arecont if you are reading this can you help please

Major problem we found is time sync. On an onssi ocularis cs recorder, running on a virtual machine, the time drifts significantly. For the onssi software this is a major issue. There were also many of these dropouts fixed by the latest firmware revision for the 8185dn. Seems we had multiple issues causing same symptoms.