Cutomer wants a quote and several of the DESA units. Are they good? Any known issues? Will I be paying a lot for the name. Have used another brand before and hate to switch.

I would buy Bosch jus because I be seen it on Danica Patrick's car today. What a babe

Yes Rory, I am the Bosch Rep, but I think you have to agree they have the best cams in the world, even you would have to admit that and even if you didnt I can easilly show you the awards that they have one with their camera range!!! granted the question was more on the DVR than cameras but Bosch has some good options the Hybrid area but lacks on the lower end.

I dont think I would say the best cams in the world, they are great, but so are others. Unless you want to get a rep in touch with me, so far its fruitless as none are interested. The cams I have used are in line with the GE cams, and Sanyo. Right now im pushing GE, Sanyo, Ganz and Pano .. different ones for different applications.

Nope, they are the best.. by a mile!!!, the only thing I have seen come close is Pano and Ikegami, I never said we had the worlds best DVR..well not yet..something new on the horizon...but as for cams... nothing comes close, happy to explain if you like!

Have you used GE cams yet, cause they are da Bestitest

As for that Bilinks thing, for $1000 its not worth it.

I do have one question though, why do they look like Sunnel Cameras?

2004721155744681.jpg

Rory, do we really have to go back to playing these silly games...

There are a lot of camera companies that copied Burle, Phillips, Bosch Design...

As for the Bilinx costing a large amount of money, it certainly does not even cost half of that amount in this country and thats even before I convert our measily dollar to US dollars, about .70c to the dollar, yes granted your tax import system may be screwed, but not everyone is living in your region and facing the same problem, so i must think it is probably not that expensive, we even throw them in some times.

Just so you know the Bilinx is not only configurable up the coax, it also has the ability to be remotely IP Configured... oh yeh nearly forgot.. you dont even need Bilinx if you use a Bosch DVR or product, it is now built into the DVR's.

I really dont see how you can say that the Bosch cameras aren't the best.. heres why I think the XF range are pretty rock solid.

1/ BUILT IN AMPLIFICATION This means you can run RG59 for 1000 Meters without need of an amp, its even got a setting for the type of cable you use, not only that it can measure the impedance and auto set the balance.

2/ 15 BIT TECHNOLOGY.. this means More Bits and therefore more data and therefore more light levels, more contrast and more colours, 10 Bit Cams can see 512 Light Levels and 100 Colour Levels while 15 Bit allows for 10,000 Light Levels and 1,000 Colours.

3/ 540 TVL

4/ Motion Detection built into the camera.

5/ Three Default Modes of operation

6/ Alarm Relay Input to trigger between functions and modes, try setting a cam for low light and see how it performs during the day, why not have it switch on a timer or when lights are activated or deactivated.

7/ Dynamic Noise Cancelation to reduce wasted frame delivery and therefore eliminate a lot of unwanted recordings.

8/ Auto Black for looking through Fog or Smoke filled rooms.

9/ The Camera is Future proof.. you can flash it and upgrade it, even from OFFSITE.

10/ All settings can be saved to replace existing settings if need be.

11/ OHHHHHH YEHHH 3 YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!!

I am not going to list the prices in here, but it is almost as Cheap as Ganz if you catch my Drift and other than Broadcast Quality Cameras I am yet to see better, mind you the SD3 is very Impressive and in my opinion has copied a lot of the Bosch Features.

You tell me another camera in it's price range that boasts, remote config, update 3yr,15Bit, Motion Detect, Alarm Relay and Distribuiton Amp????

I am all ears!!

http://www.spytown.com/boschbilinx.html

Wow, 3 year warranty, yah dont say!

All sounds fine and dandy, but If I cant get them because the US reps couldnt give a crap, then ill stick with what I can get, and what works great - Pano, Sanyo, GE, Ganz, Provideo, and Extreme. Non of the distributors I have dealt with see anything special in them so they really have crap prices on them, GE is one of the biggest sellers for box cams in FL and I can get a great price, and they are great box cams (all except the Ultraview).

Still, even if i were to use the Bosch Box cams, I still need to buy Sanyo, Ganz, and Pano Domes (fixed domes), as the bosch domes need some work. No manufacturer makes a full range of great all application cameras, thats why it is important to have a model for each application.

Like i said, I was willing to switch from GE to Bosch, for the applications that use GE box cams, but got no possitive response from anyone - the same goes with Samsung Techwin - its all good having all these features, but if a client cant buy it .. whats the point advertising it??

Not really sure why that is happening to you, i know Bosch doen't do distributors here, they do not believe in it, as for the GE stuff, I havent seen anything decent yet, Sanyo is considered too cheap on this side of the globe and Ganz is getting a better rap than Sanyo these days.

As for Pana... yep nice cameras indeed, but perhaps a little too expensive for our market, Rory use whatever you want, and i agree if the reps wont visit you, then it may nt be worth you selling it and perhaps you should stickto your other options.

Bosch can be funny about who sells their product and they do tend to throw a lot of support to larger companies rather than small ones, this is just my observation on the market overseas, it is not a business ploy or an attitude taken specifically, and I hope it changes, however demand is very large for these cameras and there are only so many hours in a day and perhaps.like you said Bosch would prefer a company that sells its product exclusively rather than many products.. i agree to some extent on the domes, however I have seen our product roadmap and I know what is coming so keep your eyes open..

Yep .. no prob. Reason I had to go the Sanyo route also, is due to the extra customs import taxes we have here, basically we sell the products for Double once it has landed here, so the price is huge on Pano, GE, etc, while Sanyo has a lower priced Day Night, which works well even with Extreme CCTVs IR. I know its a cheaper product, and looks cheap too .. just got to sell what I can .. with a limit ofcourse .. its gotta work good

Sorry I'm so late replying to the question about DESA.

In my opinion, stay away from the DESA!!!! It is a lame peice of equipment that Bosch should be ashamed to have their name on!

Otherwise, I am a VERY strong supporter of Bosch and think the DIVAR is the greatest DVR on the market. We sell and install almost exclusively Bosch but the DESA is a terrible disappointment. I have had both Bosch tech support and our manufactures rep agree that the DESA has limited capabilites.

Randy

There is a DESA xl which replaces the DESA8. I don't have any experience with the xl but anything would be an improvement over the old DESA8.

Sorry guys, it is old, looked at it again and it sais Phillips on it, I guess it wasnt worth bosch continuing to build .. Still havent used it yet, a collegue has it at their office but havent messed with it yet.

Rory