rack

Cable run opinion needed

I am running three RG-59/U 20AWG lines from outside into my basement I have to go through a brick wall . two lines from the left one from the right running parallel .should I just drill through run the cables and silicone the opening? Underground is not an option . And what size masonry bit do you recommend for three RG-59 Siamese cables ?

thanks

Dave

I am running three RG-59/U 20AWG lines from outside into my basement I have to go through a brick wall . two lines from the left one from the right running parallel .should I just drill through run the cables and silicone the opening? Underground is not an option . And what size masonry bit do you recommend for three RG-59 Siamese cables ?

thanks

Dave

Hm. Is difficult to combine this three cables and measure necessary diameter ?

OK, about 16 mm bit will do that.....

thanks

Dave

Hm. Is difficult to combine this three cables and measure necessary diameter ?

OK, about 16 mm bit will do that.....

Hahaha the reason I asked about the bit was because I didn’t get the cable yet to know the diameter . but hey if we all knew the answers we wouldn’t need forums

Hahaha the reason I asked about the bit was because I didn’t get the cable yet to know the diameter . but hey if we all knew the answers we wouldn’t need forums

Ok. But remember, this is minimum hole to run three RG59 cables. Better way, is run some tube, for future cabling, or faulty cables easy changing or replacing to other cables (Cat5, as an example).

Ok. But remember, this is minimum hole to run three RG59 cables. Better way, is run some tube, for future cabling, or faulty cables easy changing or replacing to other cables (Cat5, as an example).

I was thinking of running the cable through a conduit box with conduit attached to the back of the box which runs through the wall . do they have any special fittings for conduit boxes to secure the cables and block out water? water is a concern

I was thinking of running the cable through a conduit box with conduit attached to the back of the box which runs through the wall . do they have any special fittings for conduit boxes to secure the cables and block out water? water is a concern

Just remember main "humidity protection" principle thing - best protection from humidity is hole downside

Are there BNC connectors on the cables? If so be aware of the following:The BNC is .575" in diameter (I use 5/8" for clearance). My Siamese cable is .485" X .240". I use cable lube to ease pulling and help prevent jacket tears. I seal against weather inside and outside with Electricians putty (known as Elephant $__t in the trade). This stays pliable and waterproof. It can be removed and replaced if needed. It also keeps bugs out. I use a strain relief on the inside so no one can pull the cables out. Hope this helps!

DVR Man

I have the same set up: Two RG6 plus cat5 coming from the left and 1 Rg6 plus cat5 coming from the right. All wires are run through 3/4 PVC conduit connected to a T junction (below) then running into house just above foundation. I used a 1 inch bit for the whole into the house, cemented a 8 inch 3/4 tube onto the junction box running into the crawl space and used Silicone to cover any holes. All wires were terminated after the run or they would have never made it through the holes/junction boxes.

E983DSch40T-1.jpg