Blackberry App for Geovision, will it EVER work?

OK, I posted this in another thread but maybe this will gather more attention to a major issue and then geovision will do somethign about it.

I am STILL waiting for a Blackberry app that actually works. Its been over a year since Geovision actually had a working Blackberry app. In canada all the business owners have Blackberries or Iphones. Sure Android/Windows phones are cool, and it's great they made an app, but the people who actually OWN the business's with camera systems and who actually want to watch their cameras all use either an Iphone or Blackberry. Geovision, are you listening???????? MAKE a working Blackberry app, and one that works on their NEW software version not the old one.

When I talked to Geo, they said they do not support the Blackberry OS 5 which is why all these phones don't work. But now BB is out with OS 6 and there is still no sign of an app. It just stinks that a $199 no name DVR from China can work on a BB and Geo can't. Also I have tried the following BB models: Curve, Curve 2, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Storm and Torch on all the major carriers in canada using different ports (Bell, Rogers, Telus) and none work.

Probably going to go to the droid this time but cost will determine.

If I were considering switching to a new phone OS I would go with Droid.

Best,

Christopher

Still no progress on a Blackberry App that works with current Blackberries.

Does anyone else find they have a growing list of customers with these phones who have been waiting a long time for a working BB app? I keep telling customers they have to wait, but I really don't understand why Geo doesn't just get it working either with an app or right through the BB 6.0 browser.

Tell them get a netbook, its not a limited OS and it has a real keyboard

Smart phones remind me of the $20 digital cameras with Mp3 players .. trying to do too much but doing it all wrong.

Smart phones remind me of the $20 digital cameras with Mp3 players .. trying to do too much but doing it all wrong.

My smart phone is the single-most used device I own. Phone, contacts, GPS, security, passwords, voice recorder, voice recognition, flash light, camera, music, video phone, ... the list goes on and on. I even write my own apps. As a track and field sprint coach, I wrote my own speed workout calculators. Considerably more accurate than trying to guess, and huge time saver. Check the weather for tomorrow's workout, yeah, there's an app for that. When a relative is flying in on Continental or South West, use the app to enter a flight number and get up-to-the-minute reports. Scan a bar code in a store to make sure you are getting a good price. Find cheap gas on a long trip. When traveling late at night, find a place to eat that is still open. That's just for starters.

Of course, two tin cans and a string will work if you live on a small remote island.

Best,

Christopher

I'm also guilty of owning a smartphone. My opinion is that they provide a wealth of stuff that you need on the go, and a healthy amount of convenient distractions.

Of course, two tin cans and a string will work if you live on a small remote island.

I dont need tin cans, I have a real computer

What's Geo's official stance on this issue? I'm stuck with a BB Bold 9700 for 18 more months until contract runs out. I was led to believe BB v5.x OS would be supported in MultiCam v8.4 but now that it's out, an updated BB Viewer isn't there!

As a work-around, I'm interested in finding a way to make a Geo 1480 card save JPEG images every second or stream them out a specific HTTP port. I'm able to access video from a Avermedia card on my BB this way (granted, I'm looking at a picture; not live video. But I can at least see if the snows been shoveled). Anyone know how to make a GV-1480A card do this trick?