tangcoral

Mobotix Q24 powering by POE question.

From my understanding the only way to power Q24 is through the on-board ethernet port using poe.

I would only need a poe injector and not a splitter since there is no dc power port correct?

Would this unit trendnet POE Injector TPE-101I

work with the Q24?

Here is the spec of the injector...

Output: Class 0, 48V DC @ 15.4 watts ; Class 1, 48V DC @ 4 watts; Class 2, 48V DC @ 7 watts ; Class 3, 48V DC @ 15.4 watts

It looks like it only outputs 48 volt which would fry the mobotix unit or I misunderstood and that the Class rating is more of importance.

Can anyone recommend me a poe that would work other than the network power adapter by mobotix?

thanks in advanced.

Nevermind, I think I will go with FS108P POE switch which seems to do the job.

I did come across another brand by trendnet TPE-S44, anyone know if this is any good?

Since I'm here, can the mobotix be recorded on a regular pc rather than using NAS?

Or can I just plug in an external harddrive via usb to miniusb of mobotix?

from a sales standpoint... returns on Trendnet were rare. Customers always seemed happy with them.

Biggest issue I ran into was warranty. I believe they offer a shorter warranty period than Linksys & Netgear

Since I'm here, can the mobotix be recorded on a regular pc rather than using NAS?

You can store right on your PC. Just set up the share and username/password.

If you hit the Help within the Admin Menu>Image Storage>Storage to an External File Server, it'll give you all the info you need.