Almog

problems with upgrading from 7.5 to 8.34 - help please.

Hi,

I want to view my system (GV 800) on my iphone. Therefore I decided to install the new version of geovision software – 8.34

I had installed a new fresh copy of win xp with the 8.34 drivers and software.

I should note that with the 7.5 version it worked perfect. But after the upgrade I see black picture on each camera for few seconds and then the "no signal" note of geovision.

I've been tried to install a different drivers, even the 7.5 drivers – and still no picture.

Tried to change the PAL to NSTC – and still no picture.

Even when I plug out the camera and reconnect it – it shows a black picture for few seconds and return to the "no signal" picture.

All cameras bring strong signal. I tried even to connect a camera on place directly to the card and it won't help.

Did anyone have a solution? Did anyone know this problem?

Thanks,

Almog.

Yeah I have a feeling its just not compatible. Ive had this happen to me before but not in a long time. Try what the other poster said, run the version checker program from geovisions site to see if its compatible.

Other things to try if it is compatible. Uninstall the software completely. Delete the directory. Delete the drivers.Reinstall the drivers from the CD, verify they show up properly. Install software, see what happens.

*subscribed*

interested in this topic also as I'm looking to do a similar upgrade, but I think there is a hardware limitation on the upgade.

Yeah I have a feeling its just not compatible. Ive had this happen to me before but not in a long time. Try what the other poster said, run the version checker program from geovisions site to see if its compatible.

Other things to try if it is compatible. Uninstall the software completely. Delete the directory. Delete the drivers.Reinstall the drivers from the CD, verify they show up properly. Install software, see what happens.

What does this person do if their card isn't compatible with the newer Geovision software version?

Is there an upgrade path? If so, how does this person upgrade, and what is the cost?