pochrist

Webviewer & Windows 7

I'm not sure if this happens on Vista as I don't use it. When I set up my DVR system 3 or yrs ago I used Win XP, I never (and still don't) have a problem setting up the webviewer on a remote system running Winxp IE 8 or 7 loads up, installs the Webcam.cab and tada its done. But Under Win 7 I always get the same crap it will start the process acknowlege the Active X installer. request if it can install "C:\Program files (x86)\remoteAP\Webcam\bmp\bmp_20100513.exe"

then stop with a message that it can't find "C:\Program files (x86)\remoteAP\Webcam\bmp\bmp_20100513.exe"

What am I missing here?

I'm not sure if this happens on Vista as I don't use it. When I set up my DVR system 3 or yrs ago I used Win XP, I never (and still don't) have a problem setting up the webviewer on a remote system running Winxp IE 8 or 7 loads up, installs the Webcam.cab and tada its done. But Under Win 7 I always get the same crap it will start the process acknowlege the Active X installer. request if it can install "C:\Program files (x86)\remoteAP\Webcam\bmp\bmp_20100513.exe"

then stop with a message that it can't find "C:\Program files (x86)\remoteAP\Webcam\bmp\bmp_20100513.exe"

What am I missing here?

if your dvr is over 3 years old your active x licence has gone. on w7 first change date to december 2008 then it will load .......... after install reset your date.

Sounds like permission issues with Win7 AKA Vista.

In those OS by default you cant save data in certain folders such as "Program Files" unlike in XP.

Run it in compatibility mode and see if that helps.

Thanks for the replies

Yes the system was built 3 yrs ago, but I've re-installed the OS since then, most recently last month when I replaced the Mainboard, CPU and ram. Though active x maybe an issue over time, but thats not the case here.

It turns out it permissions, but IE can't be run in compatabilty, but I can perform a "Run As Administrator" and it will install and run successfully that way, but I have to check the security settings in IE as it will not run at all unless I always perform a "Run As Administrator" evertime time. it will just lock up IE. Thanks for the lead.

The problem is not with activex license but Admin rights. If you check that file in the DVR system it probably does not even exist. I have had this problem on one computer. Now another one (a new one) is doing the same thing on my cutomers PC. However it does not do that on another PC that I was using. I have not been able to touch the send PC, but on the first one, I copied the files that the PC was looking for from the DVR and installed it that way. I will check that other PC and see what the problem could be.

Edited by Guest

i just gave up and install the remote console... i had it working with windows 7 but hosed my setup when i was trying to find out why it didn't work on another machine

I did try to connect to the DVR which was on Windows 7 via a Windows 7 Client. With UAC on, there were a couple hickups when installing Activex control. Then after it was installed (!) there was only the first camera on the display with no control buttons around it. So, I couldn't really do anything. Then I had another Windows 7 installed on a virtual machine. I disabled the UAC and then installed the webviewer. At first, it gave me an error stating Install-language-20090326.exe cannot be found, though in the meantime it was still downloading it ! I clicked OK on the error message and waited the installation to finish in the background. After that, it was installed just fine and it started work normally. If you already have installed the activex, make sure that you remove it first by going to Tools/Internet Options/Settings (Browsing History)/View Objects and then deleting objects that start with WebCamX.. After that, go to your DVR address and install the Activex again, hopefully you should be ok. If not, please let me know what error messages you are receiving.

Ok guys, another procedure I tried:

Windows 7 Enterperprise x86 client

Internet Explorer 9 (yes 9)

UAC was still on

Turned off Protected Mode (Tools/Internet Options/Security)

Typed the address of the DVR. Still gave me the "cannot find ....exe" error but it was still installing the activex control. It did install and connected to the DVR remotely without any problem. So, it seemed like the only actual problem was Protected Mode being on.

It would be helpful if everyone who had problems and fixed it using this step post here, so everyone else can benefit, too.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

I've noticed the same problem with Windows 7, and I've tried only removing the WebViewer ActiveX objects like forbus recommended and then running IE as Administrator and re-installing the WebViewer. I didn't get any further - I got the same pop-up error message about the install_Language-20090326.exe not being found. But then I actually bothered to read the error message - "Download fail! Please first connect to internet and retry again or install this tool from the CD to run the operation." So I grabbed my cd and ran the installation for the Web Tools and I chose only to install Remote Setup. It works - well, the shortcut that it creates on the desktop is pointing to the default location of "C:\Web Tool\RemoteSetup\RSAgent.exe" so if you installed it to a different location like I did you'll need to edit that.

However, I still cannot get the Advanced Settings to work through IE. But for now I've at least the standalone client.

This, by the way happens on 64 bit Windows 7 clients. I talked to AverMedia support about this and they have no idea about how to fix this.