Blackberry, Android, MAC Computers... Will Geo ever work?

I posted below about not working on the Blackberries, but Geo also doesn't work, by default on android phones and on a Mac computer. Anyone know a good reason why?

WHY does geo not have working apps for these systems? Not EVERYONE uses a Windows computer (Mutliview doesn't even work on a netbook due to screen resolution being less then 1024x768) to access their cameras. I just kind of find it frustrating because 10 years ago we started using Geo because they were on the cutting edge and it really seems like they are falling to the wayside in terms of cross platform viewing. EVERY cheap cheap cheap DVR can be viewed from an Iphone,BB or mac.

Geo, please have a rep respond and let us know that these issues are being worked on.

to be somewhat fair to Geo, still nothing much works on Mac. Some cheap DVRs that do such as Dahua only recently came out with an App for Mac, but going by the slow response time of the GUI and video it seems to just be the windows app packaged into an emulator. Others might have some basic java or image push script.

I think the complaint in that particular regard should go a little more towards Apple.

If they would be more "open" with developers then it might help sway them to develop for their OS.

Most developers arent willing to spend the money on a stripped down linux system with so many limitations. to spend alot of time developing for a computer that the majority of their customers dont use. To develop for the iphone for example one needs to have a Mac. For the Android OS on the other hand there is a free emulator that is cross OS. Also the video method is different so they would have to rewrite it for the Mac from scratch, eg. no directdraw (AFAIK).

That said, Geo is so heavy these days. When will developers, probably alot of new ones, or perhaps they are just that rich, realize most people still dont have super computers. Me, Ive been developing my program on a 600mhz netbook. So it flies on a P4 3.Ghz let alone a new Dual Core.

Got ya beat... my home DVR is on an old dell with a P4 2.8GHz and it runs just fine. Im also running other software on the background (i stream a police scanner to my website so im running a media streaming program on there as well as scanner software).

Works fine for me. Its only a 4 channel of course, but still it works.

My main computer is a P4 3.0 Ghz, and IMO it does not run "just fine" on this. Will it work, sure it eventually starts up, although slow with heavy memory requirements and high cpu usage it works, but its hardly the kind of software I can recommend anymore. From version 8.3 Geovision kicked the bucket. I have older Geovision such as 8.1 running on 2.4 Ghz celerons, but that software is day and night compared to their latest beasts.

Hi all, by the way you can use your netbook for multiview.

start > control panel > display > settings > advanced >monitor .

uncheck "hide modes that this monitor can display".

Do not set any higher than 1024x768