Sign in to follow this  
FredB

Pro Video Bullet needed fast

Good question ... Provideo wont email me back since I brought all this up to their attention ..! It just seems like the same as the 637 with only minor differences ..so probabnly the same camera ..

the 7706DNV though sais it is True Day Night .. but yeah more $$

Im getting tired of bullets though, for business now im pushing domes, they cant be moved ... even box cameras are getting knocked or readjusted ..

im quoting these on a job right now.. cause they have to be wall/pole mount, and white (ish):

http://www.ge-consultantlink.com/Docs/dr_2000ex_prd.pdf

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/index.cfm?img=2 (High Res Color & BW versions)

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/index.cfm?img=12 (Hi Res Color version)

Plus a couple box cameras high high up, and a couple indoor domes.

Rory

I've got 3 of these at my house. A little spendy, but nice.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=690

Glenn

Nice cams, I know but the customer does not want IR.

Will probably go with KT & C. They at least have an EXView one with a 0.05 Lux.

Rory,

The Vandal Proof dome is the only way to go for business atleast if it is an "open to the public" area. I also got tired of running around fixing broken cameras.

yep for sure .. you know the client that wants to see in day and night, but doesnt want to put up extra lighting everywhere, only some areas, and cant afford Extreme's IR though required for the long distances ... gotta give them 3 options, and that meas 3 paint shop plans .. arghh!

Wall Mount domes are the hardest to find .. day night?? Even that GE is just Exview, though it can pick up IR light up to 1100nm ... so im quoting a version with them, incase they want to use Infrared, then some with the provideo as they are cheaper and they install lights, just not as low light and not in white ... then a version the way I would do it if I was buying the parts .. like they dont need color everywhere ..

Its in the middle of nowhere on the island, and its an industrial company, so thats why Im doing domes, but no eaves so they have to be wall, and in a couple cases, Pole mounted. A Couple higher cameras will be box cameras, while the indoor ones will be GE Value Line Mini Domes ..

for business now im pushing domes, they cant be moved ... even box cameras are getting knocked or readjusted ..

I thought you were the biggest anti-dome guy around here!

-WC-

Well, yah know ... once you get a good dome, spend the $$, then its worth not having to keep going back and adjusting the camera .. especially when the client wont pay to have it adjusted and then yah get a bad name ...

Im going to start it like this, the cheap eclipse bullet, the proideo CVC-7706DNV bullet, then some color, BW, Low Light Color, True Day Night domes ... and call it a day! Yeah a couple box cameras also but thats if they are mounted high .. I was actually impressed with the quality I got from those Provideo domes ... yes still havent captured any images yet, this weekend is a holiday weekend so will certainly do that ..

Fred have you tried the Nuvico/Vitek Day Night Dome yet?

Was going to use a couple of them for this plumbing company if we gat the job. Will keep you posted.

yeah let me know

Darn, im on 5 options now .... thats it though ... i could throw in some cheapo bullets as a 6th option but nahh ... they get hit i gotta waste $20 gas to go fix it ...

Was going to use a couple of them for this plumbing company if we gat the job. Will keep you posted.

I've got two Nuvico day/night domes that I'll be installing over the weekend. So far. I've had a mixed reaction from the "bench test" (more like "couch test" around here).

Most important, do they have IR cut Filter, and do they switch to lower light BW or stay the same Lux Level ... let us know kays, we're depending on you

You are so far testing hard to get items like Samsung Techwin, and now Nuvico ... so will be good to know whether it is worth the hassle of filling out those long dealer forms they wanted me to fill out .,.

anyone else notice they look like the Ambush Domes ..?

anyway, if Kaysadeya has some good luck with them (after all he has tested the True Day Night Box cams) then would be worth it on the current quotes I have out ... as they are wall mountable from the image ..?

Most important, do they have IR cut Filter, and do they switch to lower light BW or stay the same Lux Level ... let us know kays, we're depending on you

You are so far testing hard to get items like Samsung Techwin, and now Nuvico ... so will be good to know whether it is worth the hassle of filling out those long dealer forms they wanted me to fill out .,.

I feel the pressure ....

Yep, dey gottem mechanical IR cut filters. Rory, I hear and record your advice and I wouldn't consider spending so much on a day/night camera without a mechanical IR cut filter.

let us know ..

also, where did you buy them from?

Cant find anyone that sells them besides ***town.com.

I've got two Nuvico day/night domes that I'll be installing over the weekend. So far. I've had a mixed reaction from the "bench test" (more like "couch test" around here).

what was the mixed reaction? Ive got a 16 camera quote now .. need to know if they are any good

Ok, installed the Nuvico HVDs today and the daytime images are excellent! They actually look sharper than the Samsung 721 images. I’ll comment on the night image after it gets dark. Meanwhile a few general comments:

These are my first domes, so I can't comment on how they compare to others, but the camera, lens, and gimbal are plasticy and delicate-looking. In fact, the gimbal on one of the domes I received was loose from the base and the attached camera and lens was rattling around in the dome case during shipment. The dome casing itself appears pretty solid, once you get everything sealed up.

There are 8 dip switches that allow you to set “flickerlessâ€

also noticed this same behavior when my face or hand blocked the view when installing the dome.

That would be the auto Iris and is normal. Cover your eyes with your hand...same concept.

also noticed this same behavior when my face or hand blocked the view when installing the dome.

That would be the auto Iris and is normal. Cover your eyes with your hand...same concept.

I'm referring to the activity of the mechanical IR cut filter and color-to-B&W switching, not the auto iris.

Yeah, when you put something right in front of the camera, it gets brighter, so it switches to color, right? If so its normal. I have the same effect when using BLC turned ON, so basically to see inside a car, with BLC off its too dark inside the car, as its only a few feet from the camera, when I turn on BLC, it gets bright when the car passes in front if it, so I can see inside the car ... but yeah also due to AI. Extreme's Day Night cams do this also.

As for the dip switches, leave them all turned OFF for now .. AGC on normally will produce a brighter image at night, for low lighting, but a sad image in the day, only turn on BLC if you really need it, doesnt sound like you do, Flickerness, let me know when you figure that one out, seems its something that has appeared in all these Asian domes I got lately, with little to no documentation about it, keep White balance etc on auto.

As for focus that depends on the camera, some are like that from the factory, you can probably get into it and loosen up the lens to adjust that, but with a dome, I wouldnt bother, they may just break!!

How is the BW image, is it clear, and is it lower light? How does the Dome feel, like is it strong, does it look like its sealed good for weather resistance?

Rory