Sign in to follow this  
FredB

Pro Video Bullet needed fast

I would love to work with an expert, such as yourself.

Damn Data, what's your problem?!! I’m trying to describe a dome camera here. Why do you have a problem with that?

I would love to work with an expert, such as yourself.

Damn Data, what's your problem?!! I’m trying to describe a dome camera here. Why do you have a problem with that?

he lives on a can of coke and pelco ... sometimes ganz and a pepsi ..

Seriously though.. Kaysadeya is our professional DIY testing out stuff that most of us cant, eg. He is using Extreme CCTV UF500s, UF100's, etc, along with Box cams and now a dome, all True day nights with Auto IR cut Filters, etc, and getting useful info to us that want to use this gear .. This info is very useful for us ... thanks kaysadeya

Even the big boy name brands cant get their crap together with a decent day night vandal proof Wall mount dome ... thats why the mid range guys will be leaving them in the dust when all is said and done, for one Im moving over to vandal proof more and more . .. Box cams in pelco vandal resistant housings, and bullet cams, just done cut it anymore ...

Ok, it’s dark enough here to make a preliminary call on the nighttime image of the HVD. It’s pretty grainy and not as detailed as the 721, which produce an excellent nighttime image. The HVDs also thrashed a bit when switching from color to B&W modes. I’m starting think that this thrashing problem may be “normalâ€

Is there enough light for the BW image? also, do you have it by the Extreme IRs? also ... can you post me some snapshots of day and night ? If you email me I can post them for you

thanks again

Rory

Correction: The Nuvico is paired with a UF100.

Thats about right then, the UF500 is a totally different beast from the 100. ... Also, what beams are used on both IRs?

this is gathered approx estimates from extreme tech support, and beam and spectral response level estimates - this is only an estimate and can differ depending on the camera utilised or the IR range and surroundings. This is not a supported diagram from extreme so take it as you will.

UF500:

beampattern2.GIF

UF100: Approx:

730 nm:

10 degree - 130 feet

30 degree - 95 feet

60 degree - 65 feet

Thats about right then, the UF500 is a totally different beast from the 100. ... Also, what beams are used on both IRs?

Both are 30 degrees.

Both are 30 degrees.

Hmm, I have to make a diagram for that one too then ... i did send the above one to the extreme tech I was talking to, and he said it was approx right .. ill do one for 840nm and 1100nm, as well as the UF100 versions ... tomorrow.