Sign in to follow this  
Kablooie

In need of assistance to find a DVR with 2 features

I'm looking for a stand alone (non pc based) DVR that has 2 specific features:

1 - Integrated POS/ATM support

2 - Smartphone support from the DVR manufacturer (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.)

I have no problem finding DVR's with integrated POS/ATM support and no problem finding DVR's with manufacturer developed smartphone support. I'm having a big problem finding a stand alone DVR that has both features though.

Now, I know there are other solutions such as using a POS/ATM text inserter (like the AVE VSI Pro), there are thrid party smartphone applications and there are PC based solutions, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Are there any stand alone DVR's on the market that have integrated pos/atm and manufacturer developed smartphone support? I can't seem to find any, except for a couple of no-name systems being sold by a couple of ebay sellers (which I won't go near). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for a stand alone (non pc based) DVR that has 2 specific features:

1 - Integrated POS/ATM support

2 - Smartphone support from the DVR manufacturer (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.)

I have no problem finding DVR's with integrated POS/ATM support and no problem finding DVR's with manufacturer developed smartphone support. I'm having a big problem finding a stand alone DVR that has both features though.

Now, I know there are other solutions such as using a POS/ATM text inserter (like the AVE VSI Pro), there are thrid party smartphone applications and there are PC based solutions, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Are there any stand alone DVR's on the market that have integrated pos/atm and manufacturer developed smartphone support? I can't seem to find any, except for a couple of no-name systems being sold by a couple of ebay sellers (which I won't go near). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

stand alone units will just give you text text overlay. if you need the pos to do more then you will need a pc based or embeded dvr.

what are you looking for your system to do / how many cameras / how many cash tills / how many atm. and what make of pos do you have installed

Text overlay is all that's needed. Looking for an 8 camera system. There's one register.

There are stand alone units that do more than overlay though, like the Dedicated Micros DS2. The text sent to the receipt printer is stored separate from the video and not overlayed. It's searchable and appears in a separate window during playback. It also has two RS232 ports and can capture text from two sources, but all I need is one.

I'm very curious as to why I can't seem to find a stand alone system with both native text overlay and smartphone support.

Edit: Concerning type of POS, text wil be captured via RS232 Y cable connected to an Epson TM-T88 receipt printer.

Text overlay is all that's needed. Looking for an 8 camera system. There's one register.

There are stand alone units that do more than overlay though, like the Dedicated Micros DS2. The text sent to the receipt printer is stored separate from the video and not overlayed. It's searchable and appears in a separate window during playback. It also has two RS232 ports and can capture text from two sources, but all I need is one.

I'm very curious as to why I can't seem to find a stand alone system with both native text overlay and smartphone support.

Edit: Concerning type of POS, text wil be captured via RS232 Y cable connected to an Epson TM-T88 receipt printer.

here is a good unit. will do everything you need ............ http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=254

give bpzle a pm he is on this forum if you need prices and more info click the link memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10829

General Protocol: For general protocol (Epson’s protocol), users can connect AVerDiGi Series DVR

directly.

· Non-General Protocol: For non-general protocol, please refer to the list of POS machine we have

integrated as below.

Brand Model

Epson

Epson TM-T88

Epson_MR800

IQ IQ2000

Posiflex Posiflex 4212

Samsung Samsung - SPS2000

Sharp Sharp ER-A530

Toshiba TOSHIBA ST-60-C

Wincor Nixdorf Wincor Nixdorf BA63

here is a good unit. will do everything you need ............ http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=254

Thanks very much for that. I looked at that system a few days ago, but the specs said that an AVerDiGi Data Box is required.

Referenced on this page: http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?Id=254&Tab=Specification

POS Integration Yes (AVerDiGi Data Box)

Also, I couldn't seem to find any user manuals for the unit or CMS software on their website and there are many broken links in their knowledgebase section.

However, because you posted the protocol information my interest is renewed. I'll give Avermedia a call on Monday. I'll also contact bpzle to see if maybe I can purchase from him.

Thanks very much for that. I looked at that system a few days ago, but the specs said that an AVerDiGi Data Box is required.

Referenced on this page: http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?Id=254&Tab=Specification

POS Integration Yes (AVerDiGi Data Box)

Also, I couldn't seem to find any user manuals for the unit or CMS software on their website and there are many broken links in their knowledgebase section.

However, because you posted the protocol information my interest is renewed. I'll give Avermedia a call on Monday. I'll also contact bpzle to see if maybe I can purchase from him.

no you dont need the pos box anymore. you can use a y cable or you can pic up the data from utp tcp. you only need the pos box if your till is not listed.