Sign in to follow this  
thewireguys

Auto Tracking PTZ Cameras

I am currently installing a job that has IOImage fixed and PTZ cameras installed. I am recomsioning the cameras and setting the analytics up on them. So far I have been working with the PTZ camera and I must say when setup correctly the autonomous target tracking with zoom is very very good. We are using the IOImages to detect and track humans inside a fenced in area where no one should be. I will tell you you must spend the time setting up the distances correctly and I am talking hours per camera. A big thank you to Leon @ DVTEL for spending a lot of time with my on the phone showing we every detail if there cameras. one of the best tech support phone calls I have ever experienced. As with any other camera they are a tool and when used correctly (and setup correctly) they are very effective. I will see if the customer will let me post a video.

Yeah if you aren't walked through setting one of those up it's a nightmare. I went through a in depth technical training on IOImage a couple of years ago.

But like you said, once you get it done, IOImage has some of the best analytics I've seen. The autotracking is an impressive one for sure.