Ok I have 10 images ranging from d1 to 5mp with all 4 compressions. Bonus points if you can name the manufatures. I am just debating how I am gonna post the images.

mediafire.com??

Ok I have 10 images ranging from d1 to 5mp with all 4 compressions. Bonus points if you can name the manufatures. I am just debating how I am gonna post the images.

Dropbox -> Public folder -> file -> right button click -copy public link

Post here

We are now Avigilon Partners " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Hey partner, can you test an Avigilon with Exacq and let us know the results?

Best,

Christopher

We are now Avigilon Partners " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Hey partner, can you test an Avigilon with Exacq and let us know the results?

Best,

Christopher

Just ordered a Avigilon 2MP h.264 dome to test. They are not shipping till next week so it will be some time yet. I did see it live today and it was very good. ... and no it was not low light for the demo

Just ordered a Avigilon 2MP h.264 dome to test.

Excellent! Lookin' forward to your assessment. I'm especially interested in this camera if it will work with Exacq. If not, I'm leaning towards IQEye.

Best,

Christopher

So are you looking to Avigilon for a camera, VMS solution or both? I know earlier you said that the Avigilon VMS was very nice to use, so are you going to still sell Exacq also? Just curious. Or do they both have there own niches?

So are you looking to Avigilon for a camera, VMS solution or both? I know earlier you said that the Avigilon VMS was very nice to use, so are you going to still sell Exacq also? Just curious. Or do they both have there own niches?

Avigilon for both cameras and VMS. Only the 3 different H.264 cameras will work with other VMS providers using ONVIF.

Both are great products and I have a great relationship with Exacq and I want to keep that going. I will offer both VMS platforms to my customer and let them chose which one is best for there needs.

I like Avigilon because it is an end to end solution and you can't find prices on the web " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> You can only buy through dealers no online sales " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Avigilon for both cameras and VMS. Only the 3 different H.264 cameras will work with other VMS providers using ONVIF.

Both are great products and I have a great relationship with Exacq and I want to keep that going. I will offer both VMS platforms to my customer and let them chose which one is best for there needs.

I like Avigilon because it is an end to end solution and you can't find prices on the web " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> You can only buy through dealers no online sales " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Got it. It is nice that the pricing stays in the dealers hands only. It helps from the customer doing an end around on you with prices they found on the internet. As far as the VMS's is the price point close to the same between the two?

I DONT like companies like that. I have no way to test their products, so to me they are useless.

I DONT like companies like that. I have no way to test their products, so to me they are useless.

What is stopping you from testing their products? You are a dealer you can request a demo.

One feature that is missing from Exacq is support for an affordable alarm solution such as an I/O USB device or I/O card. Does Avigilon support such a device?

Best,

Christopher

All cameras have trigger I/O

Is that a no?

C'mon, even eBay DVRs have I/O ports. Why do Exacq NVRs include I/O ports if they are not useful? One of the excellent benefits of PoE IP cameras is the ability to run one CAT5 cable out to each camera. If I cover an area with Crow PIR devices or add some magnetic sensors to doors and windows, using the camera I/O ports requires running extra wires out to each camera. There are instances when it would be much easier to run I/O signals back to the NVR.

Best,

Christopher

I could see how that could help out in certain situations. But the reality is most of the time the trigger is closer to the camera then the recorder and if you can pull one wire you can easily pull a second bird wire for triggers. Personally I like the Axis network I/O device, I would like to pull one cat5 to a location and have 8 I/Os to work with.

What is stopping you from testing their products? You are a dealer you can request a demo.

They like most probably will not send Demos outside of North America.

Personally I like the Axis network I/O device, I would like to pull one cat5 to a location and have 8 I/Os to work with.

Yes, the P8221 is a nice looking device, but it's $350. A bit steep if all you want is a bank of I/O triggers. Just curious, how does Exacq handle the licensing? Given that the P8221 uses an IP address, do they require another license?

Best,

Christopher

Well done. Feel free to ask any questions via the forum or PM.

Cheers

It's great software... powerful and most importantly easy for the customer to use... They are a great company as well with a solid product... down side is having to meet sales quotas... as for pricing I see them to be competitive with a lot of other manufacturers out there... They have recently sold their product to another manufacturer for sale as well...

We have had some discussions with the Avigilon UK sales director (Hi Robert). In pure IP terms using all Avigilon products it is the best out there.

They record their own cameras in jpg2000 format and have some great software based around this format see youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fmle3bkSYQ

My understanding if you use 3rd party cameras they record them in mpeg4 or h.264 thus loseing some of the some of its jpeg2000 advantage.

It is an IP system (not hybrid) and can only handle analogue through 4 channel encoders. 4 analogue channels = 1 IP licence.

The software has some really good recording options to maximise storage. Like data aging: New video is recorded at full frame rate. Older video is reduced to half the new video frame rate while the oldest video is reduced to one quarter the new video rate. You can also select areas of a scene not to record thus not wasting hard drive space with high skylines or other areas that are not of interest.