rorton

Problem with DVR crashing with PTZ camera and keyboard conn.

Hi All,

I have an Adata 8 channel DVR, a Mini PTZ camera and a Mini Keyboard.

all connected using RS485 (cat5) and using PELCO D protocol - Baudrate 4800.

I have run the DVR without the PTZ for a couple of months, and its been rock solid, but as soon as i introduced the PTZ/Keyboard, the DVr occasionally crashes.

It happens when using the keyboard to control the camera, and the DVR just locks up and has to be rebooted.

I have a cat5 from the keyboard into the DVR, and then from the DVR out to the PTZ. I wanted the keyboard and the DVR to control the PTZ.

Any thoughts as to why this crashes occasionally?

Thanks

You are probably connecting it wrong. The RJ45 Cat5 of the DVR plugs into your network. i am assuming you have a network keyboard. So that plugs into the network too. The RS485 of the Dome would plug into the controls of the DVR. If you dont want to go through the network you can parallel your RS485 connections from the Dome to the DVR and Keyboard

You are probably connecting it wrong. The RJ45 Cat5 of the DVR plugs into your network. i am assuming you have a network keyboard. So that plugs into the network too. The RS485 of the Dome would plug into the controls of the DVR. If you dont want to go through the network you can parallel your RS485 connections from the Dome to the DVR and Keyboard

Hi

DVR is connected to the network, and although the Keyboard has a CAT5 socket on it, its for a direct connection to a Matrix, its not an actual network (IP Keyboard)