mcs

IP cam integration

Just wondering if there's a tut, or anyone can provide advice on intergrating IP camera's into Geo, have a client with a system, that a megapixel camera would better suffice his needs, already has 8 cams,

system is a gv1120 v1 running 8.2,

cheers in advance

What type of IP cam are you planning to add? If they're Geovision, you can add up to 8 without having to purchase an IP dongle but you may have to upgrade to 8.3X. Check if your board can be upgraded. If you go to 8.4, it's 32 Geo IP cams with no license.

Check the Geovision site for supported IP cams for the various versions.

Was looking at the geo options, just something in megapixel to repalce the main camera looking at the coin machine and pickup number plates along the front row of the site, as the current install are just cheap analouge cameras (supposedly sony chipset- starlight) but the images are average,

so yeah it's a version 1 - gv1120, so would have to upgrade the card to go to 8.3, but this may also fix the issues with iphone / remote view on his mobile phone, he only needs one more camera, so woudl suffice with 8.3 atm,

it's very hard to get support for Geo products here,

cheers

so yeah it's a version 1 - gv1120, so would have to upgrade the card to go to 8.3, but this may also fix the issues with iphone / remote view on his mobile phone, he only needs one more camera, so woudl suffice with 8.3 atm,

For i-phone to work properly with the Geo iView app, you'll need to upgrade to at least 8.32.

Check the Geovision site for IP compatability. Even at 8.32, their IP list is limited mostly to Geo 1.3MP cams.

I think these are reasonably priced, I have a vivotek here - just wasnt overly excited with it, maybe its better in straight sunlight like the pics I were emailed

I like this geo IP cam, 20 fps @2048x1536 @ 3 megapixel- kills a mobotix all day long.

NEW! GeoVision D/N Box IP Camera H264 3MP, 2048x1536, 10/100 Ethernet, 3GPP / ISMA, 2-way audio, Built-in / external microphone

GeoVision D/N Box IP Camera H264, 3 megapixel progressive scan CMOS, 3.1 - 8mm VF Lens, Up to 20 fps at 2048 x 1536, Built-in / external microphone, 2-way audio, One sensor input and alarm output, TV-out support, Motion detection, Tampering alarm, Privacy mask, IP address filtering, 3GPP/ISMA, DC 12V / PoE, Day / Night function, Varifocal megapixel lens, 16 languages on Web interface

I think these are reasonably priced, I have a vivotek here - just wasnt overly excited with it, maybe its better in straight sunlight like the pics I were emailed

I like this geo IP cam, 20 fps @2048x1536 @ 3 megapixel- kills a mobotix all day long.

NEW! GeoVision D/N Box IP Camera H264 3MP, 2048x1536, 10/100 Ethernet, 3GPP / ISMA, 2-way audio, Built-in / external microphone

GeoVision D/N Box IP Camera H264, 3 megapixel progressive scan CMOS, 3.1 - 8mm VF Lens, Up to 20 fps at 2048 x 1536, Built-in / external microphone, 2-way audio, One sensor input and alarm output, TV-out support, Motion detection, Tampering alarm, Privacy mask, IP address filtering, 3GPP/ISMA, DC 12V / PoE, Day / Night function, Varifocal megapixel lens, 16 languages on Web interface

That camera is nothing like the Mobotix camera. Please post images

You'll need to upgrade to Geo 8.4 for their newer IP cams.

That camera is nothing like the Mobotix camera. Please post images

You're quiet right, very misleading, I was let down by the quality for sure,