Sign in to follow this  
tangcoral

mobotix Q24 reset button, cant get it to work.

Trying to push the "L button" to reset unit so it read aloud the dhcp ip and subnet.

I power up the unit and wait for the red and green led light up simultaneously so I can depress the reset button but there is no voice prompting anything.

Any advice or solution to why mine does not work?

I just checked the manual and you are doing it correct. I haven't ever had to do it so I don't know any tricks. Do you know the password? Did you just forget the IP address? You can use a IP scanner and look for all the active IP addresses on the network and find it that way.

Thanks for the reply.

No I didn't forget the IP I just wanted to try out this feature and for the life of me could not get it to work. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience.

I logged into my router to see a list of current IP's connected to it.

Trying to push the "L button" to reset unit so it read aloud the dhcp ip and subnet.

I power up the unit and wait for the red and green led light up simultaneously so I can depress the reset button but there is no voice prompting anything.

Any advice or solution to why mine does not work?

Have you bought the camera NEW. this feature on the Q24 will not work if audio has been disabled.

Ahhhhh yes the camera is brand new.

I will try to enable it, I'm sure that was the reason as I tried it straight out of the box