JohnEF

IP camera question acti 1231

I tell my customers often that while prices may seem high on the complete solution, would they trust a $100 solution to protect tens of thousands of dollars or more of property?

Thing is, cameras dont "protect" anything, so yes they would rather in most cases spend $100 on a camera and put more money into physical security and insurance. Even with the video the courts normally just let the crooks back out anyway. Ive given video of someone with their face everything clear as day (yes on a 420TVL BW bullet in a club within 10 feet of the camera) where they were stabbing someone ... even though they had the knife in their hand and admitted to it and were on video seen laughing as they stabbed the person they got bail in 2 days and were out to do it again.

I have the acm 1231, and for some reason the sides of the images are slightly convex, almost like its fish eyed.

Also the white balance is auto adjusting at random times but more frequently than before.

It's set up indoors under fluorescent lighting, but once in awhile it has a yellow hue, than red hue and blue hue randomly as if its searching for the correct setting. It does it at random times but just seems more frequent.

I have it set on auto.

Is this normal or did I configure it wrong or is the camera deteriorating?

thanks in advanced

Screen shot of LPF on a M12, gives you plate view and wide view of area.

lpr-1.jpg

Wow, that's amazing!

What kind of an image do you get from that M12 in the daytime?

I have the acm 1231, and for some reason the sides of the images are slightly convex, almost like its fish eyed.

Probably have the lens set to the widest fov(3.3mm). Though it shouldn't fisheye too much at that.