Mister Googlehead

Yeah, we’ve got another one…: Android phone explodes in use

A Texas man was unseriously injured after his Motorola Droid exploded in his ear after ending a call. TOLD YA'LL YOU CAN'T TRUST THOSE THINGS.

Aron Embry was at Ray Elementary in Cedar Hill at the time of the incident. The man said he had just finished a call when he said he heard a loud "pop."

He then felt something trickling down his face; it was blood.

His ear then began to bleed profusely, and he was immediately taken to the emergency room at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He received four stitches, but said there was no hearing loss.

The glass on the face of the Motorola Droid smartphone apparently shattered. He said he had just purchased it just two days ago.

The phone still appears to be functioning, and its battery was intact.

Droids, yo, they want you dead. And you know what other kind of cell phone does too you? All of them. Ear cancer -- you just wait.

My first guess would have been the battery, but if that was still intact, then perhaps the glass is under pressure from the case and/or internals and is waiting to pop.

Best,

Christopher

At least it's a Droid. I still feel safe with my EVO - though it's been acting a bit funny lately... hmmm

Getting my new 3500mah third party battery for it today. If anything makes it blow up, that will lol.

Actually I'm more worried about this antique Linksys 16 port hub sitting on my desk(used it for a demo cause it was just sitting around unused). That thing sounds like it could blow up at any moment... so if you stop hearing from me you know what happened!

Well my 3500mah battery hasn't blown up yet - for that matter neither has the hub lol.

For anyone who has the HTC EVO - the seidio 3500mah is a must. 4G, Wifi, GPS all enabled and I'm still in the green when I go to bed. now I actually get to use my super phone lol.

Yeah sucks that the iPhone wont let you change the battery - though I hear it gets pretty good battery life overall. Of course it doesn't have a 4G radio to suck the juice out of it.

Yeah sucks that the iPhone wont let you change the battery - though I hear it gets pretty good battery life overall. Of course it doesn't have a 4G radio to suck the juice out of it.

Apple added so much overhead to the OS that my 3G became unusable. It was such a pig, I had no choice but to upgrade to the 4G. I'm guessing they will do the same to my 4G before the battery fails.

I wrote some applications for my iPhone, and I had to pay $99 annual subscription for the privilege to run my own apps on my own phone. However, this only lasts for a few months, and now my apps no longer work until I re-provision the phone again. What a hassle. Droid OS continues to gain momentum. I look forward to switching to an open platform where I am free to run my own applications.

Best,

Christopher