ssgohan434

tv out on geovision

I had a quick question. Setting up a cctv system (well actually upgrading one that I implemented a while ago). Setting is a c-store/gas-station/carwash.

There is a camera located at the carwash as cars enter in, the owner would like to allow the employees that are inside the gas station at the register to be able to watch this camera in order to troubleshoot any problems/difficulties that the driver of the car may have while attempting to wash they're car.

The DVR system has a Geovision capture card, and although I've installed quite a few of these, I've never used the TV out function on them before.

I understand that there are 2 ways to allow the video to be recorded from the camera and displayed simultaneously outside:

1. Splitting the BNC cable with a splitter with one cable going to the DVR and another straight to this monitor outside.

or

2. Have the BNC cable go to the Geovision DVR, which can record the image, and then have a TV line out from the Geovision card to the monitor outside.

I believe 2 would have less image degradation & is the way to go.

Now my question is, is the TV out from the Geovision a rotating TV out (as in it shuffles through all the channels/cameras?) or it can it be set to displaying just 1 channel on the TV out/monitor?

Sorry for the long read, just thought I would give all possible backround information

edit:

Forgot to mention, option 2 seems a lot cheaper to since monitors with BNC input seem ridiculously expensive... why is that?!

Yet monitors with VGA/RCA/etc inputs are much more cheaper.

Now my question is, is the TV out from the Geovision a rotating TV out (as in it shuffles through all the channels/cameras?) or it can it be set to displaying just 1 channel on the TV out/monitor?

I believe it sequences through cameras, and will let you choose which camera(s) you want it to use... meaning you could select just one.

Sorry for the long read, just thought I would give all possible backround information

Not a problem at all - most people provide little or no usable information, and when asked specific questions in an attempt to determine details, only give half-assed info, leading to a lot of back-and-forth and guessing. Witness an extreme case here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23463

Forgot to mention, option 2 seems a lot cheaper to since monitors with BNC input seem ridiculously expensive... why is that?!

Yet monitors with VGA/RCA/etc inputs are much more cheaper.

Mostly because BNC connectors are used mainly on "professional" grade equipment... it's not more expensive because of the connectors, it's because the connectors are relegated to higher-end displays that are inherently more expensive.

The cheaper option is:

193010JPG-1.jpg191010JPG-1.jpg

what i do is i just run a vga cable out of the comp and use the digital matrix option i;ve set up 4 different displays on one job its pretty simple and vga cables are pretty cheap.

what i do is i just run a vga cable out of the comp and use the digital matrix option i;ve set up 4 different displays on one job its pretty simple and vga cables are pretty cheap.

Looks good your idea, please can you explain a litle bit ?

best regards.

gamba47

i use GV-800 running the 8.3 version on it. i use ATI radeaon video cards with multiple VGA ports out of it. in the menu of the GV center you can go to the digital matrix option and select the VGA port (1,2,3 ect) and which camera you want it to display. very very simple