yfchiat89

DVR harddisk???can use pc read?

i wan take the dvr harddisk feedback by using pc window is that possible????mean take the dvr harddisk out and plug to PC and read it take the file out~

i wan take the dvr harddisk feedback by using pc window is that possible????mean take the dvr harddisk out and plug to PC and read it take the file out~

i would try from dvr first (as you should) you might find that if you put your H/D into your pc it may format it

The PC wouldn't format it without your consent, but there is about a one-in-a-thousand chance it would be able to read it, either... and even if it could, chances are almost nil you'd be able to play the files.

If you really need to do this, you'd have a better chance of actually mounting/reading the drive if you use a linux platform rather than windows, since linux supports mounting a wider variety of disk formats. Perhaps the dvr manufacturer can tell you how the drive is formatted.

If you just need an image of the drive (like you're trying to move everything to a bigger drive), you can a) determine the partition format used on the drive, b) look for disk imaging software that supports that partition type.

If the files are proprietary you would still need the appropriate software to play them outside the dvr app.

A lot of the dvr's have client software that will not only allow you to connect with the dvr but in most cases will allow you to open local files from the hdd if installed on the computer you are using. I have used this method to recover images several times. Hope this helps.