gamba47

Stop record some cameras at any time

Hi again to every one.

I have a problem. There is a client who have a GV-800 with 12 cameras. He has 65.5gb for recording. For some reason all cameras stop recording some time but not all at the same time. It´s like a scheduled task but there is not a task. this happend at any time and can´t be determined.

Any guess ?

Best regards.

gamba47

It´s a old pc.

celeron 2.66

480gb ram

xp sp3

But this problem it´s new never happend before.

gamba47

Try running a full Checkdisk/Scandisk on the data drive (be sure to check the "Attempt recovery of bad sectors" option - this will take some time), and then a defrag. It sounds like the system isn't keeping up with the cameras and so is randomly dropping them out... it may be caused by a failing drive, or just a badly cluttered one.

Is it set to recycle/overwrite?

Otherwise Hard drive could be failing, check the Windows System event log for any disk errors.

He should not be recording on the same partition as the system though, and disable the recycle bin on the recording partition if it is separate, if it is the same partition or you cant disable it, turn it right down to 1%. Also make sure the Page file is set to a fixed size (same initial and max size) and make sure Hibernation and System Restore is disabled.

Thanks for your sugestions i will try all of this at any time.

At this moment i talk with the owner of the server about change the Pc for another brand new.

I will post the results when i get that machine on my hands.

Best regards.

gamba47