i had never tried SONY megapixel. any comment on it? im planing to propose 25 unit sony HD camera with NVR (customer dont prefer using software).

Is sony good enough to support 25 units HD camera? if i plan to use third party nvr, what brand/modal actually can do a good work to support 25 unit sony HD cam with also cost is more efficient.

coz user prefer sony camera... due to sony stand alone nvr is expensive so that looking for open source stand alone nvr. any recommendation?

you had experience with sony?

coz user prefer sony camera... due to sony stand alone nvr is expensive so that looking for open source stand alone nvr. any recommendation?

Just show other mpixel cam (ACTi, AXIS, Vivo) to Your client, he wont take SONY any more if he compare pixture and price.

If You want good solution for recording, try Koukaam,

http://www.ipcorder.com/en/support/supported-devices/sony/

I dont use open source NVRs.

I just started using the IP PTZ cameras from Sony and I am very happy with them so far. I would like I test out the HD PTZ cameras but I don't really have a need for the box or domes from Sony.

I wouldn't recommend "open source stand alone nvr"

Sony offers, I believe, 16 channel VMS for free with their own cameras, much like other IP camera suppliers. That's the cheapest way to go. Also, Luxriot and Milestone Essential are paid but cheap options.

I've been pretty impressed with Sony's low cost options.

a year ago i heard that when install sony camera when come to more than 10 camera and the fps will start dropping, is that true? one of my friend previously trying to install about 32 unit sony ip and finally they only manage to get 2 fps. what i know they are using a good pc, good cat5 and switch

a year ago i heard that when install sony camera when come to more than 10 camera and the fps will start dropping, is that true? one of my friend previously trying to install about 32 unit sony ip and finally they only manage to get 2 fps. what i know they are using a good pc, good cat5 and switch

Sony's embedded NVR is a little limited. Their software will depend on the PC.

Try this soft:

http://www.digifort.com/professional

The main advantage - you can use 2 streams from camera - one for recording (lower frame rate, higher resolution), second for live viewing (higher frame rate, lower resolution). In Live view window you can easy change streams. This feature really helps to build system. Of course, first cameras should support dual streaming.

Also, if you contact Digifort, new Beta version of soft with more features will be available for you.

Also, cameras per server or workstation:

calc.thumb.jpg.b0bc56a1581b5f2f6e5adc4b748f7173.jpg

Sony devides their cameras into old series "megapixel" and new series "hd" cameras, currently they offer a good line up of both economy series and fully featured ones

quality of what we had in hand was good enough

as for ptz didn't import new series yet, but worked with RX5xx and like it much