mcs

I/O

I have just upgraded a GV1120 system to 2008, and 8.4 S/W

Can't get the system to the see the I/O card (it's not the USB version but the rs485 one with Silver box), does anyone know where the driver is located, thanks in advance

Waiting for Geovision support is like waiting for a tooth to get pulled...

Do any of the experts here know where the drier is located?

Or does no one wish to answer and help a friend...

tia

Dont know, been years since I messed with that one .. but does it come up as recognized?

Can you try and just install it as a regular com port?

Then set that com port number in the Geo software?

Damn, it's hard to get decent support from Geovision, I still do not have a suitable fix for this since the Upgrade (two weeks of back and throw emails to them)

The error “Can not find new GV-IO Module: Address 1, in COM 1” issue comes up when the I/O trys to start.

Geovison’s white paper said to unplug the inputs and re-plug them one at a time and format the address.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/6_0_news.asp?stable=FAQ&sfiled=fsid&stable1=FAQG&sfiled1=fid&pno1=10&title=FAQ&gname=FAQ&pno=66

it seems the I/O's are working now, but the error still comes up

I am seriously thinking of going away from geovision once again, I am over this lack of suitable support for this product...

they want me to go to site which is 3 hrs driv return and take photo's of the I/O devices / setup

I have given SN's for both rs485 card and I/O board, surely they can be tracked @ Geovision... I know they are old version modules, but I have purchased a GV2008 card and Geo ip cam, so expect some support with the upgrade.

Everyone or anyone that knew about the product @ my distributor here in AUS was away or not around.

Frustrated.

Dont know, been years since I messed with that one .. but does it come up as recognized?

Can you try and just install it as a regular com port?

Then set that com port number in the Geo software?

Yep

devices are installed / remb it was an upgrade not a format so comms ports shouldn't have changed config...

Have you looked at hardware manager for conflicts? Is the com port this is taking switched off in bios so the mainboard com isn't on?

considering All I did was update the geovision card and SW, nothing should have changed, but yes I checked the hware mgr for conflicts / to also see if the device was installed and working (comm port)

Have you checked the i/o cards address, the older version default address is 1 and the newer version cards the default address is 4.

Check card address matches with multicam address in

general settings

systems configure

i/o device