stevendawes

avtech dvr remote viewing

hi guys i have a av tech avc760z-b i can see the cameras on my own network but cant log in from remote site have been trying for 6 mth now looked on u tube followed instructions do most people thing that we all are clued up as they all talk double dutch to me I'm not stupid but I'm sure once you have done it it then is easy the manual may as well be written in sand script so can some one please instruct me in terms that a 10 year old would understand and not at 100miles an hour thanks guys and happy new year to all

It's very long to explain. You should check that the configuration of network in your dvr is right, and that you have access to internet.

there are 3 kinds of connection: Fix IP, pppoe and dhcp (the last two require also a ddns account).

check which internet connection you have and enter the informations in the dvr.

To understand where is the problem i should know what you do step by step.

Pay someone to come in and do it for you is my advice. Always problematic trying to solve networking issues remotely without access to the hardware......

Yes, that's right. It's really a pity to have a dvr and cannot log in from internet. In fact it takes little time to do that, it cannot be very expensive.

The DVR of the link is a KPD674ZA......the firmware is not the last one, but it's better to don't upgrade (unless it's really needed).

Leo