RedHot-30

Inetcam switcher

I hope I am in the right forum.

I have an Inetcam VS-800 video switcher that I would like to utilize.

Unfortunately, it uses RJ-45 connectors as it's inputs.

I've done a ton of research on this and have not been able to find what I need.

Does anyone have the pinouts for these inputs. I would like to use composite video inputs into these RJ-45 connectors. (I would assume that I will have to provide DC to the cameras independently.)

Can anyone help me accomplish this PLEASE!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

If you are still looking to attempt using the inetcam switcher, let me know. I have a diagram I made many years ago for that exact model. I also have some of the rj45 cameras if you need them. To answer 1 of your questions: If you power the switcher, you will not need to power the cameras run from it, the switcher sends power to the cameras over the rj45. When this company went under several years back, I found 5 of these vs-800 switcher setups that came with 2 cameras each, at fry's for 10$ per set, in unopened boxes. I have used some of the cameras, but the switchers are not of much use because the software needed to operate them, and broadcast them to the internet, was given to you by a server on their old site when you entered the serial # from the bottom of the switcher box. I have dissected a few of these, re-flashed the chips to do other things, and used them for different things they weren't intended to do, so if you are still interested in using it somehow, reply. There is absolutely no info out there about these, and the new company that sells iVista wants to forget they ever had anything to do with those! I have extra cameras too.

Yes I would like to do something with this setup. A diagram of the cable pinouts would be very helpful, as I would like to add a couple of composite cameras with conventional video/audio connectors. (probably won't us the audio thou.)

Amazing that you found these for $10.00. They used to charge a rediculous amount years ago.

Curious, what do you want for 2 cameras?

Thanks for the reply,

I don't think it's amazing, these things aren't even worth $10 to me without the software that is no longer available. I have emails from people that owned the company saying they would help me out, then over time they just started saying "there's nothing I can do, and there's no way to use the switcher without the software". So I guess all it does is act as a balun by putting power video and audio on a cat5e cable. I will vpn into my home network here in a few and post or send you the diagrams I made of the camera/switcher pinouts.

Sorry, I forgot about this until I saw an old email. Just in case you still want this, here is the pinout diagram I made 3 or 4 years ago when I gave up on getting the switcher software. The drawing to the left is how you'd need to make the plug for the inetcam, to use the cameras for something else, or to crimp a plug on other cameras to use with the switcher. The switcher itself provides the power, so make sure you are using 12vdc cameras if you want to power from it. If they are a different voltage, just split those wires off at the switcher and add your power there. Also, there are 2 voltages, 12vdc for the camera, and a lower voltage to power the audio circuit. The diagram on the right is to the video baluns I bought awhile back, to run cameras long distance using cheap cat6 wire, they won't serve any purpose for what you're doing. If you do have that switcher software, reply and we can get in touch via email, or you can PM me I guess, I've never used the PM feature on a board so I don't know if it will email me or not.

Thanks, and good luck!

Eric

** EDIT: IMPORTANT!!! Go by the pin number, disregard the color! I don't put the proper color to pin when I made my cables! **

533743420_InetcamWiringDiagramBetter.jpg.7d21e463907c935dec1ab49a854d3cda.jpg

Hi i was looking for this pinout diagram for a while and the software (of course), just a moment ago find this page http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByManufacturer/Inetcam/Item/VSS400/downloads/ and googled the filename and found the software (i think ) on donload.com, here is the link http://download.cnet.com/iVista-Personal/3000-2348_4-10022796.html?tag=rb_content;main , thanks for the diagram

The iVista software isn't what came with the cameras in the box. The software I was talking to the other guy about is the switcher software that gives you control of the switcher box. The iVista software doesn't let you control the options inside the switcher.

Thanks

Eric

Hi i was looking for this pinout diagram for a while and the software (of course), just a moment ago find this page http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByManufacturer/Inetcam/Item/VSS400/downloads/ and googled the filename and found the software (i think ) on donload.com, here is the link http://download.cnet.com/iVista-Personal/3000-2348_4-10022796.html?tag=rb_content;main , thanks for the diagram

Hi, i suppose don't came with the cameras but, i installed and in configuration can select some switches included vs-800, unfortunately don't have the serial cable and don't work with the cables that i have. attach a capture of the window where select the source and ivista panel with the four sources...

also my cameras don't work with your diagram, but was a great help

Thanks

JCRJ

PS. by the way the program ivista is trial

The iVista software isn't what came with the cameras in the box. The software I was talking to the other guy about is the switcher software that gives you control of the switcher box. The iVista software doesn't let you control the options inside the switcher.

Thanks

Eric

ivista_panel.png.82a6882f8149ed9f5bed55d62c81831e.png

ivista_conf.png.ddb99f04b9250bcbc324ac92b7c04994.png