Specs look good... others with similar features run about the same price range. Can't say if it's ACTUALLY any good without using one, though.

BTW, you only need to post a thread once; multiple posts in different areas won't get you replies any faster.

All i know is i have tried several over the years and found that my MacBook Pro with a $35.00 video capture does an amazing job.

I have just bought the New Everfocus 5.6 and it seam to work OK.

It is in the screen WUXGA is where it's at 1920 X 1200

When it come's up on my screen it is not full screen and so i discovered by Picking something small in the picture to focus on and then ZOOM all the way in on it till it is a blurr. That is the trick!!!!! I play with the focus there and then ZOOM all the way back out and BOOM there it is.

A guy that has been in the buisness for 25 years is amazed how much better i can do.

I am curently talking with a Laptop Screen sale's place on making a portable unit up for out in the field, i hate taking my 3,000.00

Apple up on a ladder and such.

Greg

P.S. Couple of the store's i go into say i am the only guy using a computer and taking things way farther than anyone else they know, I just like doing an excellent job.

The one you are looking at seams small, but find out what the screen is.

I like the 5.6 a lot better also little over 200 from SES.

Also it would be better to get one with the bigger 12V Camcorder battery so you can use it to power the camera's up in som situations, + battery's last all day and there rechargable so yo do not have to keep buying battery's.

3.5" is too small to get a good focus.

If you really want a good focus get a CCTV CRT monitor 9" or above or even a 13" TV .. or use a focus meter.

To just adjust the view it is fine though.

I still think my 5.6 is kinda small.

You know the picture is like maybe 3 inche's when it come's up on my MacBook Pro laptop but it is day and night from my setup monitor's. CRYSTAL CLEAR

You will be amazed with the Focus after you get done.

And the trick i learned is to ZOOM it all the way out on the screen focus it and then soom back in, BOOM there it is.

Yeah but just because it looks clear on a 3-5" LCD monitor doesnt mean its actually focused 100%. When one plays back in D1 for example of views it on a larger monitor or CRT more suited for the resolution is when you can really tell if it is focused, even more so when dealing with low light situations. At that smaller size there arent enough pixels to focus on and an LCD just makes it worse, so for example one could be focusing on 4 pixels instead of 1 but at the tiny size of the monitor, maybe 260x or 300x it can look clear - its like taking a blurry 640x480 image, now resize that down to 320x240 .. it becomes much clearer - but we want it clear at full 640x480 or higher. I focus also sometimes on a 7" LCD for example when I have no choice, but that cant touch a focus using 9" CRT or a 13" TV, unless one uses a Focus Meter.

I'll see your 9-13" and raise you:

sony-kv-36hs510-36-wega-crt-tv-1080i-hdtv-monitor-hoopleheads-review.jpg

I mean, really, it's just not possible to REALLY get a clear focus on a piddly 13" screen; you really need something almost 3 times the size.

I'll see your 9-13" and raise you:

sony-kv-36hs510-36-wega-crt-tv-1080i-hdtv-monitor-hoopleheads-review.jpg

I mean, really, it's just not possible to REALLY get a clear focus on a piddly 13" screen; you really need something almost 3 times the size.

I agree those big screens rock dude, can I strap that sucker over my shoulder?

You guys are pikers!

panasonic150inchplasma-1.jpg

Panasonic 150-Inch Plasma TV

I knew about the Pano 101" Plasma... didn't know they launched a 150".

I need THAT in my living room.

You guys are pikers!

panasonic150inchplasma-1.jpg

Panasonic 150-Inch Plasma TV

I knew about the Pano 101" Plasma... didn't know they launched a 150".

I need THAT in my living room.

My friend works for panasonic. And he says just 2 pcs has been sold a year. Very pricey.

Back to reality guys!

I have one of these;

testmon1-1.jpg

testmon11-1.jpg

Colour LCD monitor

5.6” TFT display

12v DC rechargeable Li-battery

Battery charger

Carry case

Test leads

the battery life is shocking, again, claims to have 4-5hrs working time - not true, has about 1-2hrs working time after a full charge, not just mine neither. it's charging more than it's actual working!

i also have one of these;

testmon2-1.jpg

Colour LCD monitor

2.5" TFT display

Supports Pan; Tilt and Zoom functions

Adjust lens aperture

Call or store camera presets

Test CAT-5 continuity

Battery charger

2 sets of batteries

Carry case

now this battery lasts ages, i charge it once every fortnight if that, handy ptz function with plenty of protocols. not the best for fine tweaking of focus but it's worth its weight in gold. i recommend one of these, it wont break the bank neither.

i also used to have(before it grew legs and ran away) a 12vdc 12" bnc input monitor, there's room in the back, if you take out the transformer, for a 12v battery, only needed charging once a month. i used to leave it at the bottom of the ladders with a long patch lead, i think of everything me!!

has anyone tested one of these focus meters??

focuser-1.jpg

i am also gonna raise you soundy, im saving up for one of these!!

27214575-1.jpg