kober

send 4 cameras on one coaxial

hello,

Ive built a 4 camera underwater video sled that sends the video to the surface via a single cat 5 cable. Is anything available that would transmit through a single coaxial ? Distance would be less then 1000', housing dia is 7", cameras are b/w (pc 164 from supercircuit).

hello,

Ive built a 4 camera underwater video sled that sends the video to the surface via a single cat 5 cable. Is anything available that would transmit through a single coaxial ? Distance would be less then 1000', housing dia is 7", cameras are b/w (pc 164 from supercircuit).

i have not seen anything that can transmit 4 camera feeds down 1 coax cable. but i have used the biwave VDS2500 box that will transmit 2 cameras plus power and 2 alarm signals down 1 coax cable.

might be better for you to run two coax cables at least if 1 fails you will still have two cameras working.

Biwave_Specification_and_Installation_Sh-1.jpg

You can transmit lots more signals via single coax, if you use CATV technology

If You has any experience, and want low cost solution, use TV modulators, and TV demodulator's on other end of single cable.

If You do not understood my suggestion, jut ignore it

hello,

So far we only have 2 analogue Video can go one coax.

But You can run 4 IP Cameras over one the Coax Cable up to 1.8KM for 100mbps

Using TV modulator is the only way to transmit multiple cameras thru one coaxial cable. Please check our web page http://www.apeccctv.com/apecdirect/products/MOD500.html. Each channel is modulated and demodulate at the other end with each channel tune to an individual channel. Take a look at it and if you have any question, you can email me to edward@apeccctv.com, and I will be happy to answer your question. Cost with other accessories will be about 110.00 per channel.