alwazir

Avermedia NV5000 with Samsung SAM4S SPS-520FT

Hello.i have a NV5000 card that i am currently using for 4 cams at a small liquor sotre.

we have Samsung SAM4S SPS-520Ft cash register and i would love to connect it to my NV5000 POS system so i can view and record what my employees are doing?

the questions is:

does the Avermedia POS capture system work with Samsung SAM4s cash registers?

if not has anyone connected a Samsung SAM4S cash register to another DVR card and worked fine?i have been avermedia for 3 years now and i love it no problems at all.but if i can not connect the Sam4s to it than i guess i would to move on to a different brand.so please please help.thank you.

Hello.i have a NV5000 card that i am currently using for 4 cams at a small liquor sotre.

we have Samsung SAM4S SPS-520Ft cash register and i would love to connect it to my NV5000 POS system so i can view and record what my employees are doing?

the questions is:

does the Avermedia POS capture system work with Samsung SAM4s cash registers?

if not has anyone connected a Samsung SAM4S cash register to another DVR card and worked fine?i have been avermedia for 3 years now and i love it no problems at all.but if i can not connect the Sam4s to it than i guess i would to move on to a different brand.so please please help.thank you.

yes your till will. you need to put your till onto the same network as your dvr and you can collect the data from there. you might need to update your software if your system is 3 years old ............ press f1 and post you software.

what is a till?and my software is up to date i am currently using the 7.7 software the latest one avermedia is offering of there web site.thanks

what is a till?and my software is up to date i am currently using the 7.7 software the latest one avermedia is offering of there web site.thanks

a till is a cash register. so you have samsung listed in your pos devices ???

i don't have the cash register connected to my nv card yet.i just want to know if the avermedia POS capture card will work with my sam4s before i buy it?

thanks

i don't have the cash register connected to my nv card yet.i just want to know if the avermedia POS capture card will work with my sam4s before i buy it?

thanks

you dont need to buy anything ........... pos box is not needed for that cash register.

so how would it work?through parallel ports?or cat5?

you either put both onto your local network or if not networked use a crossover cable from each ethernet port.

then go set-up / system / pos settings / drop down menu select samsung entre data port from cash register and then select overlay (which camera) or use hide option. (will show on playback or though search)

i can run a cat5 from the sam4 to my router but do i have to do a parallel cable to my pc?or jsut a cat5 will work

i can run a cat5 from the sam4 to my router but do i have to do a parallel cable to my pc?or jsut a cat5 will work

so long as both are on your network. i.e your DVR and Cash register. but before you do anything we need to know if samsung is in your pos list. if not i will send you a patch.

i wont be able to run the cat5 now but i will run it later so once i run i will double check and if it's in the list then we're fine if not i will let you know...thanks

hello.i connected the samsung sam4 to my network today and i went to the pos setting in setup like you told me to and i can find anything that says the name of my register!!!so can you please walk me through it?or send me the patch that you we're talking about last week?thanks

while the SPS-520 has ethernet capability, you are better off using the serial port connection.

Set it as Journal. And Probably Epson Emulation. You don't need an interface box.

it is the same emulation as older Sam4s and samsung cash registers such as Sam4s ER-650.

Also, the default settings is Buffered Print, You want individual line print. you have to change that at the register.

it will a bit** to run a serial port cable all the way from the cash register to the computer.it's like 40 ft away.that's why i am trying to use the cat5.any help?thanks

it will a bit** to run a serial port cable all the way from the cash register to the computer.it's like 40 ft away.that's why i am trying to use the cat5.any help?thanks

can you press f1 and list your software please if it is below 0055 you will need to alter some things.

· General Protocol: For general protocol (Epson’s protocol), users can connect AVerDiGi Series DVR

directly.

· Non-General Protocol: For non-general protocol, please refer to the list of POS machine we have

integrated as below.

Brand Model

Epson

Epson TM-T88

Epson_MR800

IQ IQ2000

Posiflex Posiflex 4212

Samsung Samsung - SPS2000

Sharp Sharp ER-A530

Toshiba TOSHIBA ST-60-C

Wincor Nixdorf Wincor Nixdorf BA63

on your register you will see network. and in there you will see pos B/O and you will see your registers ip address and a port number - change the port number to 5051. back on your dvr go to system and on the right hand side you will see pos settings click UTP and you will see the port 5051 below that entre your registers ip then use the test set-up 90% will work with general. post how far you get .

i spent 3 hours between my cash register and my NV5000 and i looked everywhere for a POS B/O button and i cant find anything on my sam4 520 that will allow me to change my port number to 5051!!!any way i attached a screen shut of my cash register port settings and that's all i have for port settings or configuration.so please take a look at it and let me know what am i missing?or what am i doing wrong?thank you very much for your help.

photo.JPG.a8c6e1d6331567c107c174e12dd8bc27.JPG

I've never used the Ethernet connection to Drive a Printer or Text overlay. So I am of little help.

You may have to Contact CRS who distributes Sam4s in the states.

I've looked on CRS Dealer site, and it says the port should be set to 6000 or 6001, but it doesn't really say where to set that. Maybe its preset to those ports?

sam4s.thumb.jpg.b94772006a7d12b4177569b7d6515a0c.jpg

I read up on CRS site. They only have information on the serial port. But here are the steps.

But maybe it can help anyway.

To setup a registers RS-232 port to send detail/journal data follow these steps:

Define new port device: Select DEFINE PORT from the S menu. Select a Port (1-6) by pressing the SERIAL PORT button (top left). Configure the port with the following parameters: BAUD RATE – 9600, PARITY – None, DATA BITS – 8 and STOP BITS – 1. Set CUTTING AFTER PRINTING to no.

Configure printer: Press DEVICE button on the DEFINE PORT menu (lower left). Select PRINTER as the device. Select GENERIC #1 as the printer type. Press OK twice.

Set journal mode: Select SYSTEM OPTION from the PGM menu. Select GENERAL PRINTING OPTIONS from the option menu (page down). Select PAGE #2. Set option 9 – JOURNAL: REAL TIME / BATCH to REAL TIME. Press CLOSE twice.

Define system printer: Select PRINTER AND KV ROUTING from the PGM menu. Select SYSTEM PRINTER CONFIGURATION. Select an available printer (1-10). Enter printer DESCRIPTOR (i.e. DVR). Press OK. Enter REG# (this register). Enter PORT# (define in step 1). Press CLOSE.

Setup detail routing: Select DETAIL PRINTER ROUTING from the PRINTER AND KV ROUTING menu. Enter the REGISTER# (defined in step 4). Enter the PRINTER# (defined in step 4). Press CLOSE twice.

Connect register to DVR: Connect one end of a null modem cable to Port defined in step 1. Connect the other end to a serial port on the DVR server (see Overlay Setup).

were you able to set this up by ethernet or serial?

I'm setting one up this week, and I'd like to know if the ethernet connection works.

I tried it myself. I could not get the ethernet connection to work on an SPS500 unless an ethernet printer was present.

So I called CRS. they said the ethernet connection is not supported. So I had to fallback to rs232. works ok.