andyh747

Camera Advice

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on a CCTV system for a domestic environment. I'm located in the UK and am in the countryside with no ambient light from street lights at night. I do have external lights which, at present, are on dusk till dawn sensors. I'm looking for good quality external dome cameras as they look better, in my opinion, than bullet cameras on the exterior of a domestic house. I need to cover all sides of the property so am initially looking at 5 cameras with the possibility of expansion to 8. Ideally I would prefer cameras with inbuilt IR in case the exterior lights are off.

I have so far looked at Concept Pro (UK name for CNB), X-Vision Professional, and various unbranded offerings. The Concept Pro look good but they don't do a dome with inbuilt IR. Their IR offerings look good but the cable connections are not within the housing or bracket and therefore won't look as neat as a dome style.

I would really appreciate some advice on quality cameras and recommendations.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on a CCTV system for a domestic environment. I'm located in the UK and am in the countryside with no ambient light from street lights at night. I do have external lights which, at present, are on dusk till dawn sensors. I'm looking for good quality external dome cameras as they look better, in my opinion, than bullet cameras on the exterior of a domestic house. I need to cover all sides of the property so am initially looking at 5 cameras with the possibility of expansion to 8. Ideally I would prefer cameras with inbuilt IR in case the exterior lights are off.

I have so far looked at Concept Pro (UK name for CNB), X-Vision Professional, and various unbranded offerings. The Concept Pro look good but they don't do a dome with inbuilt IR. Their IR offerings look good but the cable connections are not within the housing or bracket and therefore won't look as neat as a dome style.

I would really appreciate some advice on quality cameras and recommendations.

Many thanks in advance.

CNB in the uk with ir is called VVP9324DNIR but only has a 15m ir range. but if you have good outdoor lighting they are very good.

there is not much differance in size with the CNB vlp4026 which had 30-35m ir range bullet type.

resize.php?img=vvp9324dnir.jpg&width=400&height=400

cctvVLP4026-1.jpg

Thanks for that. I hadn't realised that model was a Concept Pro (CNB) camera on the Videcon website as it wasn't listed as Concept Pro but is on the datasheet.

Looks like the perfect solution for me.

Any other camera recommendations much appreciated or feedback from users of the CNB range.

Thanks for that. I hadn't realised that model was a Concept Pro (CNB) camera on the Videcon website as it wasn't listed as Concept Pro but is on the datasheet.

Looks like the perfect solution for me.

Any other camera recommendations much appreciated or feedback from users of the CNB range.

What sort of budget do you have, I've used Samsung's SIR-4260VP and Sanyo VDC-C1785IRVP, samsungs LED's Dim when you get close to the camera, avoiding white out

I'm keeping the budget to around £200 per camera and have ordered the a Concept Pro with IR to see how it performs.

I'm in the US on business next week in the Long Beach area of LA. I notice the CNB headquarters are there. Can you buy direct from them? Any recommended US retailers for the CNB cameras?

If you are operating infrared security cameras you need to be aware that the quality of your images will be affected if there is a light source in proximity to the camera. It can result in a bleaching of the image. You just end up with a white mist on your monitor. Infrared cameras operate best with no light.

If you were wealthy enough or security considerations were strong enough,

I would not worry about the cost since you will recover that in peace-of-mind.

Have you looked at the Red Vision range of IR PTZ domes? I have and the potential

value of anything I have to lose is far outweighed by the cost, but if money were no object

I would certainly consider this range which for you and I would be impressive. I should warn

you that they start at around £1600.00 ( dependent on supplier) without mountings or

power supply or VAT.

If you were wealthy enough or security considerations were strong enough,

I would not worry about the cost since you will recover that in peace-of-mind.

Have you looked at the Red Vision range of IR PTZ domes? I have and the potential

value of anything I have to lose is far outweighed by the cost, but if money were no object

I would certainly consider this range which for you and I would be impressive. I should warn

you that they start at around £1600.00 ( dependent on supplier) without mountings or

power supply or VAT.

thats a lot of money for a ptz with fixed IR waste of money. you would be better just buying two good IR cameras than that.