spy_cctv

VHSD-870EXT dome

Hi guys i m new here and just like all the Newcomers i need some help.

i have bought two VHSD-870EXT domes and controller thinking they ll be esay to install liks these Chinese domes with two rs485s (Stupid Me ) but they hav got these telephone type connectors ( i think its called CAT5) now i checkd on net that cat5 is SUPPOSED to go in a PCB which is in Junction Box at bottom of wall bracket which then converts it in to RS485. Now Problem is that PCB is missing from both domes i have contactd the person i bought them of he said he ll look if he finds em he ll send them to me. what i want to know is if he cant find them will i be able tu get them form somewhere or can you wire the dome to work without the Pcb.

i hope all the experts here will be able to help me or if someone near Bradford can install for me offcourse i ll pay thanks for your help

Hi mate,

I have the same issue,

The answer to your question is yes you can controll them with a CAT5 lead streight out of the dome top,

On the connector on the dome you will see the pin outs marked up on the PCB, to controll the dome you need " C RS485"

REMEMBER ITS 12V NOT 24V!

hope this has helped,

Best regards

Sam

Hi thanks for reply Sam

as this post is few months old i have sorted this prob. now, bought new pcb for £100 and a 24v ac power supply £15 (of ebay) put it all togther and testd both domes worked fine, just need screws which hold the pcb in junction box bcoz they were missing if you have any spare let me know