rashe

GV-800 + 3 additional stations. is it possible ?

Hello

I have gv-800 12 channels.

I want to connect my dvr to 3 additional tvs in my home. (every tv 50" Plasma and all has vga inputs)

I thought i could buy another vga card (+ some long vga cables) then to use the matrix option.

1. Is it possible ?

2. Is there better configurations ?

Thanks

it is ok all 3 tvs see the same signal.

I am going to use 25 meters vga cables. I will lose some quality with this multiplier ?

You can also buy another video card as well.

My DVR at my office has 2 1120-16 cards

I have 2 video cards (each video card has HDMI, VGA, DVI). I can only use two sources off the video card at once though (can't use three)

Soo i basically have 3 digital matrix out, and then my main monitor which is in my server room. Since they are 1120's i also have component out on each one as well.

Its split various ways

1 goes to my office

1 goes to COO

1 goes to conference room

We can only have a max of 17 cameras though per monitor which sucks, no 32 channels (yet im hoping geovision allows this in future upgrades, id love to be able to see 32 channels on a digital matrix)

Adam .. I have a client with the 1120 using the composite out to an LCD PC Monitor with just 6 or 7 camera way view with certain cameras using Spot Setup .. uses a VGA converter . but the quality literally sucks. So not having tried it yet .. can we use the Digital Matrix to just show certain cameras in a certain multiview on a 2nd monitor? And then ditch that spot setup all together ..? Id like to switch him to HDMI anyway for both monitors .. although right now its a coax cable run about 70 feet to the spot monitor .. wonder if HDMI can push that far? I know I could just try it but to save time and ofcourse the extra money the HDMI stuff costs down here .. would like to know more before I get into it. Thanks.

so what's better in my case ?

1. buying another video card ?

2. vga splitter ?

As i mentioned before i will use 3 cables each cable will be 25 meters. I want to keep the picture quality.

Thanks

Make sure if you are using long VGA runs to use the heavy gauge sheilded cables. About a 1/2" thick.

you'll have more options with a card, but an active splitter is simpler.