I am the new manager of this apartment complex.

We have (1) Mobotix, POE switch, Ioemga IX2-200 4TB NAS. The whole network is just that with connection to router.

Identical problem since installation of 15 months ago.

After 9 days of recording (storage around 23GB to 90GB), the Mobotix still shows recording. But last event would be last night or hours ago.

The NAS is dedicated only to one camera.

Contacted Mobotix, they say it is a network issue - "Mobotix is looking for target drive and can't find it."

Now this is strange because the NAS is not setup as DHCP and when I access the administrative menu, under storage, I see the address of the NAS and it is GREEN with no issue.

Idea?

goto admin and storage on external file server and tell me if the data is limited at all - by days, or sequences or size -- you might have to hit the more button to see the section under the storage on external file server area

Dear Griffonsystems,

Spend the whole day going over the manuals. Only the Germans can do this.

The Storage Targets: SMB/CIFS File Server

Storage Options:

File Server IP: 192.168.1.211

Remote Directory /Share: entrycam

User name: master

password: xxxxxxx

NTLM Mode: NTLM

Storage Size: "blank"; box before Maximum size in megabytes used to store alarm images and sequences is CHECKED.

Time to Keep: 7 days

Number of Sequences: "blank"; box before Maximum number of sequences to store is CHECKED.

Much thanks for your time.

Dear Griffonsystems,

Spend the whole day going over the manuals. Only the Germans can do this.

I have read alot of manuals in my day and Mobotix has one of the best I have ever seen.

i would setup a new user on the nas with a new share and see if you are seeing the same issue -- i have seen something like this before but you should be seeing yellow error messages on the live screen or in the system logs --updated your nas firmware and make sure there are not limits set on the share

to do the dmp report that you can send to mobotix support do the following

camera ip/admin/report.dmp