Sign in to follow this  
JackDaniels

LRP / ANPR product recommendations?

Hi,

I am considering GeoVision GV-DSP LPR Licence Plate Reader for a project. It is a standalone box for capture and software for a pc. The customer just needs to record the reg numbers of vehicles entering and leaving a car park 1 lane.

Is the GeoVision GV-DSP LPR a good trouble free system? Anyone got any other LRP / ANPR product recommendations?

Thanks

Jack

I have used the geovision lpr camera on a large gated community. Works very well. I had to install it on a video server a shoot it over a mile on a wireless bridge. The customer absolutely loves it the only problem is you will need a 2nd camera to see the overall view. A very good megapixel camera maybe a better solution depending on the application. I didnt use the software they were more interested in seeing who was breaking the gate on the weekends than who was coming and going. Its been running two years not a broken gate since problem solved.

On 1/26/2011 at 5:47 AM, JackDaniels said:

Hi,

I am considering GeoVision GV-DSP LPR Licence Plate Reader for a project. It is a standalone box for capture and software for a pc. The customer just needs to record the reg numbers of vehicles entering and leaving a car park 1 lane.

Is the GeoVision GV-DSP LPR a good trouble free system? Anyone got any other LRP / ANPR product recommendations?

Thanks

Jack

hello Jack ,we are the source manufacturer for locense plate reader camera ,any interesting?