electronis

interferance on one camera

hi hope some one can help me, i have just installed a new camera on a customers existing system. They have a genie dvr and the camera i have installed is esp, the customer supplied the camera but once i had fitted it i found that the picture on the monitor has moving stripes across it at an angle ( as if it was picking up interferance). i have checked the camera, connections and put the test monitor directly to the camera, and at the end of the cable going to the dvr, the picture is fine but if i plug in on the outlit of the dvr with the same test screen both the other camera pics are fine but the new camera is stripey.

has anyone got any ideas to the reason for this and how to get round it.

many thanks

Is that particular channel on the DVR possible defective? Did you try switching the connections around to see if you have the same problem on the same port?

hi yeah i tried it in both of the other ports that work fine with the other cameras and it has no change on the picture, do you think it is possible that the camera and dvr arn't compatable, although i haven't come across this before.