technewbie

HELP for a newbie please!

I had purchased a CCTV kit with 4 cameras, a RC530A receiver, and the EasyCAP 4 Channel 2.0 USB DVR Video PCI card. I have since misplaced the PCI card and I'm looking to get another one. I am considering the Q-See 4 channel PCI card, but the computer that I have only has PCI-E slots available. Can I use an 8 channel PCI-E slot and just hook up the 4 cameras? Will it be compatible with my current reciever?

Please help!

$40? Maybe. I got the EasyCap 4-ch USB capture thing for $7 off Amazon - right now its sitting on the ground under all the other junk, needless to say the software sucks - but hey it does capture video .. only records one channel though

Seriously those really cheap DVR cards arent worth it, you are better off with one of the Avermedia or Geovision type cheaper cards, at least the software would be worthy.

$40? Maybe. I got the EasyCap 4-ch USB capture thing for $7 off Amazon - right now its sitting on the ground under all the other junk, needless to say the software sucks - but hey it does capture video .. only records one channel though

Seriously those really cheap DVR cards arent worth it, you are better off with one of the Avermedia or Geovision type cheaper cards, at least the software would be worthy.

Yeah that EasyCap was junk - the software was garbage. The Q-See doesnt look as bad, but I don't really know what their worth. So the Avermedia or Geovision works just as well? Is their software better (easier) to use? I hope its in English because the crappy EasyCap wasnt! LOL

Out of interest, does your receiver output all 4 channels simultaneously? - most 4ch receivers do not.

If it doesn't then I'd stay away from a 4ch pci card and use a dedicated 1ch DVR (either SD or hard disk).

Connect the receiver to the DVR and you'll be able to record whichever channel the receiver is set to at any particular time.

However, if your receiver does output all 4 channels simultaneously then ignore what I've just said.