66ChevellePost

Anybody Recognize This Card Manufacturer

Hi All,

I purchased a used CCTV Card from E-Bay, I didn't pay alot for it.

It's a DS-4004H H.264/MPEG4-AVC Encoder

the auction stated it was a Kane Computing Card.

Other info on the board was HZ-P4H4-00 and one of the chips had HiNT HB1-SE33P, PCI-PCI Bridge, CC 0243TC stamped on it.

I found a Data Sheet on the net @ http://www.sourcesecurity.com/docs/fullspec/DS-4004H.pdf and it says "The DS-4004H board from DSP Research, INC........."

I have also read references that it is a HIKVISION board.

I would like to find the drivers, Manual and any software for it.

Thanks For any Help,

Kenny

I downloaded a program call EVEREST PERSONAL which identifies this card as having the PHILIPS TM1300 TRIMEDIA MEDIA PROCESSOR chips on it. DOes anyone know anything about this chipset as far as drivers, etc?

Thanks,

Kenny

You only need to create one thread per question.

Is there an "FCC ID" number printed anywhere on the card, probably silk-screened to the board itself?

Is there an "FCC ID" number printed anywhere on the card, probably silk-screened to the board itself?

And why do we help people who buys product on E-bay ?

We have nothing else to do

we have too much time to kill

competition in your area is not high enough

and few other reason

just curios

dont know much about the card but doing a search just makes bells ring.

the USA distributor is Kane Computing. and when they themselfs sell the card on ebay for $20 means it has problems that cant be fixed. your best bet is put it back on ebay for $18

Hikvision does have a card named DS-4004HCI, but the one in your pics and on the linked PDF is not even close to it.

http://www.securame.com/tarjeta-dvr-pci-hikvision-ds4004hci-4ch-videoaudio-100fps-2cif-p-722.html

HCI models are 2CIF, the one you have is just CIF. If there was ever a DS-4004HSI (HSI models are CIF) from Hikvision and that card has been rebranded, I do not know, but you could try testing Hikvision drivers.

ak357,

I thought forums were to help other people and for people to get together that have the same interest?? Brother if you aint got nothin' to add to help then just don't respond to any of my questions. I hate smart asses and their answers..

Kenny

For those that did sincerely reply I thank you for your effort. I just get tired of reading on forums answers that don't contribute to the person trying to find a solution to his/her problem.

Kenny

Kenny,

We've spoke off the forum before... Do you remember? I am, and will always be here to help.

Ask any of my customers if you'd like.

I think the point that ak is trying to make, is you are not the first one to be screwed out money on ebay. And Soundy, is not the first professional to offer FREE assitance to a competitors customer. Yes, ebay sellers are competitors.

Who wins? In my opinion its not the customer. It's not the kind professional trying to lead you to better solututions, or even to "bandaid" the ones you're already stuck with... The only person who "wins" is that sleezy ebay seller. They offer zero support, sell loads of volume of JUNK, and when someting goes wrong, the customer looks for internet forums for help. We've seen this time and time again... Believe us, it's not you that we are frustrated with.

bpzle, well put.

"Why do we help people who buys product on E-bay"? For the same reason most of them end up here: because they don't know any better. If we can educate them, even after the fact, then we become part of the solution - bet Kenny doesn't buy any more CCTV stuff off eBay!

Sure there are exceptions: the idiots who come asking, "What about this camera from eBay, should I get it?" and then ignore all advice to the contrary, get it anyway, THEN come looking for support... to them, we can always say, "Told ya so!"

Yes, eBay sellers are competitors... so how do you deal with it? As with any other competitor who employs sleazy business practices: you can turn the customer who's been screwed over and say, "Pffft, too bad, you dumb shmuck!"... or you can offer better service, and potentially win them over as YOUR customers, or at least show them that not everyone in your industry is a slimeball.

It's the old more-flies-with-honey-than-with-vinegar approach

I don't think of myself as being ripped off when I bought this card. I knew it may not work, I may not be able to find the software or the drivers and the seller made no promises or anything of the sort it was sold as is and I understood this. I rolled the dice and took a chance(although it didn't work out)and the 15 bucks didn't break me. What upsets me is guys make smart comments when someone is looking for help. I am on a couple forums and there are guys like this on all of them. That's why I hate to post because I don't want to get kicked off any of the forums I am on when I can't control my fingertips at the key board.

I tend to buy from Apexcctv(1 camera and Avermedia card) and Coastal Video Security(CNB Camera and lense).

I have bought plenty of stuff from ebay, I am an educated buyer and I never spend more than 20 bucks if I am not sure of the product. I am not naive.

Anyways enough is enough.

I don't think of myself as being ripped off when I bought this card. I knew it may not work, I may not be able to find the software or the drivers and the seller made no promises or anything of the sort it was sold as is and I understood this. I rolled the dice and took a chance(although it didn't work out)and the 15 bucks didn't break me. What upsets me is guys make smart comments when someone is looking for help. I am on a couple forums and there are guys like this on all of them. That's why I hate to post because I don't want to get kicked off any of the forums I am on when I can't control my fingertips at the key board.

I tend to buy from Apexcctv(1 camera and Avermedia card) and Coastal Video Security(CNB Camera and lense).

I have bought plenty of stuff from ebay, I am an educated buyer and I never spend more than 20 bucks if I am not sure of the product. I am not naive.

Anyways enough is enough.

Hi Kenny. i think this is what you are looking for. took sometime to find it. software.

http://www.kanecomputing.co.uk/ip_boards_ds-400xhci.htm

Unless it's educational, or recreational... time is money. If you ain't doing what you love, you should be doing to support what you love. I know you get that Kenny, but it needs to be said for any future readers. A caution, if you will to the uneducated consumers.

Sure, the argument could easily be made "it only cost $15." Ok, so how much is YOUR time worth?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23923&start=0

Hi Kenny. i think this is what you are looking for. took sometime to find it. software.

http://www.kanecomputing.co.uk/ip_boards_ds-400xhci.htm

Those are Hikvision cards, the one Kenny pictured above seems to be nothing like those...

the card is a kane computing and they use the hik software. this is the same card kenny has. i think this is his best bet on getting the card working. only takes an email.

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/docs/fullspec/DS-4004H.pdf