reb101

Geovision V3E

I would like to install a Geovision V3E in a structured wiring closet that is approx. 60 wire feet awy from the cash register. This is a bar environment. Geovision recomends RS232 from register to the V3E, then RS 485 from the V3E to a GV-com and then a USB cable from the GV-com to the Nvr or CPU. Being that RJ 45 TP wire is already run from the network switch to behind the cash register, I was wondering if I could run the rs232 signal over the cat5 wire into the closet and into The V3E, and then from the V3E run The Rj45 out patch to the NVR or Net switch?

Thank You for the quick response. Is a set of 9 Pin RJ45 D-Sub Modular Adapters the best way to run the wire, DB9 terminal block conector, or would I need some type of repeater/extender and or "Tunneling setup". Is there a better way of doing this?

the db9/rj45 modular adaptors is what we use. I don't bother with the RS485 unless the distance is really long. Did you purchase the V3E already? Many installs don't require it.

Yes I already purchased it along with 4 Panasonic HCM715 cameras, 2 Panasonic Hcm527A, cameras, a Netgear FS726TP poe switch, netgear 3700 router and a Qnap 2012 Nvr. I Have everything installed except the text inserter. Is there another way instead of the text inserter? I am still not sure if I like the Qnap software, seems like the Panasonic viewnet has more options. Still learning as I go . Comcast told me 7-10 days for a static Ip. Then I will begin to change all that so I can monitor the bar from home. I have gotten alot better at connecting the Rj45 plugs to the cat5! I need glasses! Thanks again!