jsimon

Problem with gv600 drivers

I hope somebody can help me with the problems that i'm hsving with GEO GV600-4, I was reading that you don't have problem with this card and VIA Chipset because doesn't have the HINT chip, and sometimes doesn't have problems, but must of the time they do. I do sale sets of 4 cameras and the geo GV600-4 for small supermarkets and other small business, they use their own computer to install the card, its a GV600-4 V2, and when I install on via chipset it ask for the drivers and everithing works fine, until I reboot the computer when the drivers apear to ahve a problem ( they are marked with the yellow thing, under hardware properties) and the Can't find the key apears, but sometimes just work perfect, I tried every single thing that geovision recomend to install the board, and still having the problem. Thanks in advance .

Cant find key pro... that means cant read the onboard dongle, which means the system cant see the card... my bet is that you installed the software before the drivers, doing this tells the softwrae to lock onto the card, but there is no card there as the drivers werent installed first????

remove the software remove the hardware, reddetect the hardware and install the software or move it to another slot, the only other two resons are that.. 1/ Incompatable mainboard, welcome to Geo... 2/ There is one version of Geo i think it was 5.4 or 6.0 that had a bug with detecting the dongle.

I had a similar problem,

the manual tells you not to follow the hardware wizard and install from a specific place.

Ignore that and let windows do the work for the drivers,hopefully it will work.

Good luck

Did you get this working yet?

I had a similar problem until I installed the USB drivers for the keypro. Make sure you install them *before* plugging it in.

Wich USB drivers you are talking about. Version 7 ? because we do not need to install any usb drivers on gv600 or gv800.

i had that problem with an AMD and iview .. you are using intel right?

even when they say no issues, it normally is ..

The only way that I hadn't problems is using Intel 815 or higher. 845 works very good, and If I used original Intel Motherboard 865 perl sometimes I had problems. I mean these are the kind of problems that you have to deal with when you use Geo

not just geo, Iview, DigiVue, Eclipse, etc .. had issues with the others myself on different configs, even 1 eclipse wouldnt work at all on 3 different Intel P4 PCs ... so generally depends on the PC and Components used .. Id say these are issues you have to deal with, unless you use a stand alone DVR .... otherwise always use the same parts and you will be okay .. i just installed a GV800 in a TigerDirect SystemMax built PC, mini case and all, DSP card also, installed without a flaw. Im using version 7.0 though so not sure if that makes a difference ..

If you're using a VIA chipset it's very difficult to troubleshoot - in general it's best not to use the boards they explicitly say do not work with the cards

We use 865PE boards exclusively and never have a problem.