Sign in to follow this  
camerasguy71

Avermedia POS box

Bought an avermedia POS box to use with a Parallel pole display (verified trough display manufacture) I have it plugged and and pole display is working fine. Called Avermedia and they can't give me any support on it. Told me to try all the settings. Anyone set one of these up and have success?????? Anyone know what the communication baud rate will be using it in this configuration. I felt like I was on the phone with my 3 year old niece they couldn't give me anything. At this point I'm thinking it may be easier to reconfigure the POS to open up the serial port, buy a serial pole display and send the "POS" back.

:roll: Bought an avermedia POS box to use with a Parallel pole display (verified trough display manufacture) I have it plugged and and pole display is working fine. Called Avermedia and they can't give me any support on it. Told me to try all the settings. Anyone set one of these up and have success?????? Anyone know what the communication baud rate will be using it in this configuration. I felt like I was on the phone with my 3 year old niece they couldn't give me anything. At this point I'm thinking it may be easier to reconfigure the POS to open up the serial port, buy a serial pole display and send the "POS" back.

are you using the pos box on a avermedia dvr ???

Yes using it with NV-5000. Can you tell me what the baud rate is fixed at. I realize there is no baud rate in parallel communications so the pos box should convert it to some serial baud rate apparently unknow to the techs at avermedia. Is it default 9600,n,8,1 ???

Do the switches on the POS box do anything in the parallel configuration?? These are the question they don't know. I was told some of the older versions have a parallel option that doesnt even work.