fas

Is Geovision The Best Option?

I am installing an exacq ip system monday. It's a hybrid system with an exacq server custom built. How does geovison compare to exacq? Does geovision still offer the most options in regards to analytics, etc? In your opinion, which company, and it may be another brand, offers the most and best options with money being no object? Most of my projects are 32 cameras and less. I am looking for the best options to offer high end residential with all bells and whistles, both ip and analog.

Not having used either except Geovision for Regular CCTV apps, but knowing the costs, I would say Geovision is good for those on a budget, especially as the software is free once you use their IP cameras, and the software is the same that comes with the Cards which is used in Professional CCTV applications. If I were to start offering IP systems today for my budget oriented clients, especially considering everything is 2-3 times the cost once it lands here, I would offer either GeoVision or CNB.

Where money is no issue, cant help you there, but from what I have seen or heard, Exacq may have better analysis, think there are others also like IOIMAGE, might want to check the IP sub forum for an answer to that.

I can't speak for Exacq, as I've never used those systems, but I find GeoVision to be clunky and poorly-put-together overall. Poor interface, confusing menus, a lot it seems just kind of slapped-together.

That said, the analog systems I've seen seem to work fairly well... have NO experience with their hybrid/IP setup.

Personally, for higher-end DVR/HDVR/NVR systems, I recommend the Vigil systems (not because we sell them, either... I recommend AND sell them, because we really like them).

Is GeoVision the BEST option? Not by a long shot. Is it a GOOD option? Sure.

I only do business with people that return my phone calls and emails. People that actually do what they promise me they will do...

I hold myself to the highest customer service standards. I can't do business with those that don't do the same. If they don't bother to answer my calls before I give them my money, why would they afterwards? In my opinion, Geovision can keep their junk...

Been dealing with Geovision for quite a few years now and find it to be a very good product. It accounts for almost 90% of our customer base. We started out with all analog but over the past two years it seems everything is hybrid/NVR and we and our customers have been very happy with the results. There is a learning curve but after a few, they can be setup as fast as a standalone.

Admittedly, it's gotten a little "bloated" as they add new features and bugs do pop up but that happens with ALL software (just look at windows!).

As for support, I can't say we've ever had a big problem with it. We call or email our distributor's tech support and always get a quick response (even if it's an "I don't know") or if they don't know, they won't hesitate to call Geo USA for a 3 way phone call for assistance. Case in point: year and a half ago, we were doing a 30 Mobotix camera/Geo NVR install with multiple servers and Control Center. Had problems with the audio from the cams. Our distributor contacted Geo and we had the software patches and instructions the next day. An issue with the Control Center and in talking with the Geo rep, resolved in an hour.

Is it the best system money can buy? Probably not but you do get a lot of bang for your analog/hybrid/NVR buck.

Yeah its quite simple actually, Geovision rocks

Can anyone explain this anomaly to me?

[attachment=1]geo.gif[/attachment]

VS

[attachment=0]aver.gif[/attachment]

Geovision's like the ipad of PC DVR cards .. everybody has to have one

although to be fair, Geovision does a heck of a lot more than the ipad can ever dream of.